27 replies to this topic

#1 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:54 PM

ime sorry guys i really cannot bring myself to do the chicken walker... it is not because that i dont like the model or i am having difficulty with it... it is that it reminds me of my friend and i just end up staring at it for hours... i have done about 3 hours of that... and i stuck 1 tiny part onto it in that time :)

anyway... in a fit to move away from it i have been doing a model for the 3d compo now that it is up and away.... BIG CHEER!!

3D COMPETION LINK

and the image
Posted Image
it is almost done... then i am going to do some post texturing in photoshop.. as i am trying to improve my texturing. all texturing so far has been done in bodypaint.. which is an awesome program.

then i will do some kind of scene for it, and setup the final lighting... and i will have my very first properly finished model...
WOOOO.. :D

thankyou to stu for pointing it out, the encouragement, and his awesome stuff that is an inspiration to look at... + he is really good at texturing so ime seeing what i can do :D

:hi:

#2 Prototype

Prototype

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:59 PM

Very impressive, now add some sexy materials. :)

#3 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:06 PM

thats later dude... after i have done some over with the photoshop... i have done the lower wing... didnt take long now i know how to do the pattening :)

#4 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:24 PM

dude...i need to catch u on msn so we can talk about this bodypaint/zbrush thing....

this is great, though im dissapointed about teh chicken walker, you made up for it majorly w/this thing...i love the smiley face on teh fron ;) lol...

#5 Jeepinator

Jeepinator

The Jeepinator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

thats a nice ship. looks really fast too. kind of reminds me on a pod racer from star wars.

i wish i could enter the contest, but I gave up on 3D a while back. I'm OK with it I just can't afford any of the programs. Hopefully we can get a contest at P2L to win some 3D software!

#6 alexames

alexames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign / Graphics / Cars

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

Thats awesome, i think i might try and start getting into 3D. Your work is very good. 3D seems to be becoming more and more popular nowadays. ;)

#7 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

maybe zion would make vehicles like that!
but for real it is actually good in terms of modeling, but shape-wise.. nu uh. too blocky.

#8 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:28 AM

i like it blocky :D ....
the referance is very blocky 2. it kind of gives it the look that it is made by someone who knows about aero dynamics, but doesnt know how they work, so they have the wings right but they slipped up on everything else, kind of like a car, think its something like the mustang.......

thanks for the comments guys, 3d should become more popular, its one of the art forms that lets you swing round your pieces and look in different angles.. like statues..

Posted Image

EDIT: didnt want to double post as i get told off for doing so :)
i have now done the first paint job on the jet engines :)
Posted Image

EDIT: i missed some bits on the jet engine (luckily not visable from this angle, so i hadnt seen them)
and i have started playing around with a material for le windows....
Posted Image
the rudder is next on my list... :D

#9 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:04 AM

okie dokie... i got bored with editing... i think editing 3 times with new content allows me to post another reply :D

done allot of the rudder... nearing the end of this stage :)

Posted Image

#10 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:13 AM

really nice, could you just at a few more lights on there somewhere so we can see the texturing better, atm its a bit dark and we cant appreciate the true beauty of it :)

#11 venomsnake

venomsnake

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:16 AM

looks great, cant wait till its done, i have a 3d program, but dk how to use it... :)

#12 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:18 AM

i think your right about the lighting... it has gradually been getting brighter... but it should still be brighter still....
what program have you got snake??

#13 Xanderdude

Xanderdude

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Interests:Radio controlled flying and Digital art,Web<br />And a little gaming if im bored

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

Looks sexy shivs keep it up!

#14 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:04 AM

okie dokie... i have a brighter render... which made me notice some mistakes on the main middle bit... so i had to redo that bit.. and i also finished the textruring under the wings... not great texturing but i can go over it again later :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:47 AM

ttooooo briggghthttt greeeennnn!!! make it more cammo colored, not pretty green like u have

#16 /quit

/quit

P2L Che

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

Yeah i really dont like they green and yellow, they dont compliment eachother well

#17 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:03 AM

shiv cries....

dont know anyother colours.... i will replace the yellow with something but i cant think of any...

#18 alexames

alexames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign / Graphics / Cars

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:35 PM

I think it looks ace! About the background, try putting a space background on it, or something, instead of just leaving it with a black background.

:lol: And about the yellow, try making it white or something, might look good. :)

#19 ThaBirdman

ThaBirdman

Pidgeon Trainer

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:12 PM

dont know anyother colours.... i will replace the yellow with something but i cant think of any...

try just a darker, more jungly green, closer to brown, and itll look much better...i think the yeller looks real good, i wouldn't change it but its up to u i guess

#20 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:49 PM

lookin real good shiv. i would change the yellow to a white or light grey though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users