• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 edg0018

edg0018

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Graphic Design, Traffic Control, Advertisement, Business Administration and anything related to these fields

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:59 AM

Hi everyone im new member to this forum.

I have a question for some reason all my combo boxes in my project just come out white with no arrow to click on so that it can drop down. I'm using the combo boxes from the components panel in Flash MX 2004

It has to do something with my project because if i start a blank project and just add a combo box and test it it works properly, but if i add it to my actual project it just shows up all white with now arrow to click on.

I am extremely confused on why its doing this :P . I spend countless hours on this flash based website and now i ran to this problem and i just would like someone to help me out with this. I want to know why exactly its doing this that way next time i can just fix the problem on my own.

Thanks to anyone that helps me out I would gladly appreciate it. :D

#2 Hoot

Hoot

* Hooty Tooty Fruit *

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Interests:Making Websites, Working in 3D, Playing the Drums

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:52 PM

could you post your FLA?

#3 edg0018

edg0018

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Graphic Design, Traffic Control, Advertisement, Business Administration and anything related to these fields

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

No i cannot upload it here. Its to big. What i can do is put it in my website and let you download it

I tried removing all the useless graphics and links from the flash project and just have the page where the form is with the white combo boxes, but it still pretty big 1.17 megs

Just go here to my website.

www.edgegenerations.com

and in the very intro page of my site look for a link on the very button and click on that. It should be a download file named test.

Download that and that should be my project.

thank you very much.

#4 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:53 PM

Just downloaded your file and had a look at it.
Have you converted the component to a MC? If you have done that, the component will not work anymore.
If you need to skin the component then have a look at the helpfile of flash :P
anyway skinning of components is a pain, so maybe think about creating your own combobox.

#5 edg0018

edg0018

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by converting to an MC. But i do remember when i first place a combo box to the project a window poped up and i clicked on yes maybe i mistakenly coverted it.

Is there a way to change it back?

because i really do like how the combo box from the components menu looks like.

Thanks for replying

#6 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:54 AM

just delete your comboboxes you already have and don't forget to also delete them off the library.
Then just drag&drop a new component to your stage, and don't convert it to anything :)

#7 edg0018

edg0018

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:19 AM

I tried that and still had the same problem

but i found my own solution. What i did was i copied all my frames and pasted them into a new project and guess what when i dragged the combo boxes it worked.

I still dont know why it didn't work on the other project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users