3 replies to this topic

#1 aikdo

aikdo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:10 PM

Hey all Im stuck at the moment... I need to make a flash file to show some poems...

As the poems are changing constantly i want to make it that the Flash file simply get them from a text file...

now i seen one or two tutorials on how to get a flash document to read from a txt file but this is diffrent i need the presentation to make it either slides + OR make a tree out of it...

I dnt mind how this is done, but i really need find a way of doing it, if its the tree idea i need it to be organised into catogories... (is there a way of doing this using DIR?)

#2 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 21 June 2005 - 12:27 PM

Instead of using a normal plain .txt file, I would rather go for XML, there you have more capabilities of organizing all the stuff.
check http://www.kirupa.com for a BIG introduction into XML & Flash

#3 aikdo

aikdo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 01:06 PM

Instead of using a normal plain .txt file, I would rather go for XML, there you have more capabilities of organizing all the stuff.
check http://www.kirupa.com for a BIG introduction into XML & Flash

Hey im not to confident on how exsactly i would get my very untecnical user to be able to add their poems to an XML File though it is what im looking for...

#4 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

XML is extremely simple, basic XML is just like normal HTML but it is based on your own tags.
It only gets complicated when you start learning about Schemas and DTDs, but you shouldn't need them for this kind of thing anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users