Photo

NEW RULE: Sig requests for active members only!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:45 PM

Because of the abuse of sig requests from people that join simply for free graphics, we are now only officially responding to requests for sigs from members with at least 30 posts (and not spam either). If you are not active and request a sig, it will not be completed by our staff however other members may decide to do it on their own accord. This is a help forum, not specifically a sig request site (which many do exist if you look around).

Post here if you have any questions.

Faken

#2 _*camiasm_*

_*camiasm_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:27 PM

I posted a request earlier today before this was posted, can I still have mine made? I did post before this rule went into effect.

#3 _*Jay_*

_*Jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2004 - 09:49 PM

If you are not active and request a sig, it will not be completed by our staff however other members may decide to do it on their own accord

if someone chooses to make it, yes

#4 _*SERB-4-LIFE_*

_*SERB-4-LIFE_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:09 AM

thats a preety good rule :D i think u came up with this rule because i posted 2 tutorial requests and a sig request :lol: but its ok i understand

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:15 AM

We're not singling anyone out... it's just a matter of how many people are doing it and we don't think it's right. The signature making stuff was for our members, then suddenly ppl were joining just for that. That has now come to an end. :D

Faken

#6 _*addiction_*

_*addiction_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:26 AM

Faken has a point. n i should make that rule for my site, but instead we do like if yu have less than 20 posts, we put our site name or our logo + site name in it. so that they cant just take n leave n be like they made it, we also sometimes put designer name, its all in a spot that doesnt take away effect of sig but its hard to take out too so =)

#7 _*sEVEn_*

_*sEVEn_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:26 AM

can't keep up with the numbers of requests with the amount of traffic coming through now.. :lol:

It's not really fair someone drops in just for a sig and doesn't hang out anyway ;)

we like people =] if they don't like us, why should we make them siggies?

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE :D

#8 _*addiction_*

_*addiction_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:29 AM

if its that crowded why not add another designer, but make sure they are trustworthy and active lol. jus a suggestion.

#9 _*SERB-4-LIFE_*

_*SERB-4-LIFE_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:30 AM

well, yeh thats a pretty good plan :D 30 posts is nothing :lol:

#10 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:31 AM

if its that crowded why not add another designer, but make sure they are trustworthy and active lol. jus a suggestion.

It's not so much the volume as it is people taking advantage of free services intended for our regular members.

Faken

#11 _*SERB-4-LIFE_*

_*SERB-4-LIFE_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:33 AM

when i learn how to make sigs ill, help u guys out :D

#12 _*addiction_*

_*addiction_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:36 AM

ah yes i see your point. But even tho i hate making sigs, i can help you guys without being on staff if u need, such as if u dont got time to do a sig pm me the link to request and i can try n make something nice. i do pretty good.

http://livejournal.com/~aberkrombie421
(my livejournal, not really a site so kinda not advertising cause you guys aint giving em shit for going, if i am breaking rule then sry n remove it but i do layouts bout once every 2-3 days jus out of boredom.)

#13 _*sEVEn_*

_*sEVEn_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:36 AM

awesome!

I have to start helping soon too :D.. Faken I will have time for sigs in about 3 weeks! Then I am back on part time at work and school... well that's still full time but it's a breeze ;>

#14 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:38 AM

If ever you (any non-p2l staff person) sees a sig request you are interested in doing, simply post that you'll try it out so we know that you're doing something and we won't double the work. We definitely appreciate members helping out with sigs and helping out in the HELP forums, so you won't see us complain :D <3

Faken

#15 _*KnightMare_*

_*KnightMare_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:02 AM

I have atleast 30 post, make me a sig! :P

#16 _*Jay_*

_*Jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:29 AM

supply and demand :P

#17 _*ronson_*

_*ronson_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:30 AM

Nice idea! shame i didnt come up with it before u :P

#18 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:58 PM

The signature making stuff was for our members, then suddenly ppl were joining just for that.

Okay so don't do any that don't have more than 30 posts? This is a good thing because I'm back to school now so I don't have a lot of time...

#19 _*Andy_*

_*Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:07 PM

Yes, i agree. great idea!

As e m o t i o n z said, i think its also a gret idea putting an official 'stamp' or watermark on the images with the pixel2life logo, or the pixel2life name so members rnt just coming to get sigs then leave.

I will definatley help make some sigs when i get my computer running again no doubt about it... but dont judge meon the sig i have now as that really isnt a signature as such. id post some sig work if i still had some :P

Andy

#20 _*Cruzer_*

_*Cruzer_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:03 PM

WoW! i joined and was looking at some of the forum topics and seen the sig request and tutorial request and i was like tight so i posted for me to have one made.which i didnt read the rules cause im lazy and u posted this after i requested mine but i do undterstand it although there are people who do this just for the free graphics but in my case i didnt eve know u had a forums for a while then i found out and joined then i noticed that forum topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users