I need a little help with something

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _*Unreal_*

_*Unreal_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2004 - 04:36 PM

Yello,
Im starting up a new site called SuperCheese ( hehe ) and im trying to make my frontpage like so it has boxs with like latest flash submissions and latest music, games ect, but it looks ugly.. im not at all good with CSS or HTML so i cant make it better, what i have so far is http://www.biohazardz.net/supercheese/ i just need it to look sexy and sleak :ph34r: and not chunky and boxy looking xD any help is appriaciated, uhh i guess i could make you a layout or a sig or somethin if you guys wont somethin in return ( thats if you cant make them yourselfe :P )
Thanks

~ Unreal

#2 _*Gio_*

_*Gio_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2004 - 04:46 PM

Wait what exaclty are you asking for? And if it is for help with your design, why would we want you to make one for us if you need help making yours look better? It may sound harsh, but I am trying to make sense of your post.

#3 _*Unreal_*

_*Unreal_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:02 AM

hehe, i ment those Tables not the layout.... and it has like New Game, New Music blah blah blah, that isnt a design its html / css.. and it looks vey bad.. im offering a template made in PS or something like that in return for someone helping me make the TABLE not ugly and bulky

EDIT : well i changed it so it was graphics, looks alot neater and cleaner but its hard to update lol, uh i suppose it will do

EDIT 2 : hmm i was thinking, how does P2L add its tutorials? yo no like a little picture then some writeing next to it.. do you have to manually add the table, then add the pciture manually and make it look like the others or is it a script like cutenews or somthin were you can add the pics and description easily? I could use somthin like that for my site.. ( of course not for tutorials though )

#4 _*Xsionic_*

_*Xsionic_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:30 PM

hmmm ur site is really not good for editing right now. You should get rid of all tables and use css to embed them to background. That way, it auto-size itself so it is so much better for editing. Im learning flash mx right now so im no good:(

Also tables are slow and crappy for editing (Im anti-table)

Cheers

#5 _*Unreal_*

_*Unreal_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, ive canged it to a image now but now its very hard to update as mentiond in the edit, does anyone no a script that can post a image and some text next to it easyily that would be good for this??

#6 _*Gio_*

_*Gio_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:46 PM

Umm almost all of Pixel2life's content is sql generated. Meaning we only do stuff in the admin cp and then it automatically updates it on the other pages.

#7 _*sdesign_*

_*sdesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:59 PM

Check out the following site for css related design. Its got a lot of great articles for making table less layouts.

http://www.alistapart.com/

#8 _*Unreal_*

_*Unreal_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:56 AM

Gio do you no any scripts that can do simular things?
edit : also thanks for that link

#9 _*sdesign_*

_*sdesign_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2004 - 01:41 PM

No prob glad to help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users