Expanding Borders

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:45 PM

Ok well, I'm THIS CLOSE to being able to do it, but when I put that table in that expands, the rest of it screws up :P

Posted Image

#2 _*Andy_*

_*Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:23 PM

but HOW does it screw up? it goes wider for soem reason, the right and elft collumns get alot of spacing?

depending, it could just be a simple error like valign, or... just the wrong code. explain a little more :P

Andy

#3 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:50 PM

If I knew HOW it screws up I would try to fix it myself. Would you like the code for the page?

#4 _*Jay_*

_*Jay_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:24 PM

give us a screen shot of the site messing up like u say it does, maybe that would help

[EDIT] ok i now realise that was the screwed up screenshot..

try making the columns either side just one table cell stretching all the way down either side

also you've obviously used photoshop to code your layout for you as i can see the little "spacer.gif" table cells on your screenshot

code from stratch and things like this are very easy to avoid

also try checking out some slicing tutorials in imageready, if you produce a layout sliced in photoshop or imageready and "spacer.gif" is in the code, then you've obviously sliced it wrong

#5 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:39 PM

What I did was, I took out the expanding content box, and then made it into 3 images, the top, a 416 by 1 px, and the bottom. I then sliced the layout, and took out the big slice where the content box would originally go. I put a new table in, and voila. Now the only problem is the rest of it messes up.

How would I code it from scratch!?

#6 _*Anarchy_*

_*Anarchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

nonononononoNO!
i got the same problem too, so what i did was make a new layer where needed, then make a table on the layer (all on dreamweaver) :huh:

hope i helped ;)

#7 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 08:44 PM

A layer? Whozza wha? ;)

#8 _*Anarchy_*

_*Anarchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2004 - 09:57 PM

sorry for not getting back to you, iknow youre really desperate.sorry. :D
here, maybe a screenshot will help.Posted Image

#9 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:30 AM

To code it from scratch, delete everything on the page and use Dreamweaver to recreate the table structure and put the images back in, I do it with all my designs because Photoshop assumes you're going to leave the images as they are...

#10 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:25 PM

aight ill try to do that

#11 _*sEVEn_*

_*sEVEn_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2004 - 05:37 PM

dreamweaver can be a tempermental little woman ;>

make sure you dont have any percents or sizes in the properties box that you don't want.. sometimes if it has a default percent or width in there it will push your stuff around :P

=]

I am having a problem like that with my site and I've checked everything... but i think mine is in the news code for the news script i use somewhere 'cause I can't find it in dreamweaver :/

try looking around the boxes for weird sizes.. delete the numbers completely if you have to :) (width and percent and stuff).

hope this helps.

#12 _*Anarchy_*

_*Anarchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2004 - 05:48 PM

wait a minute... :P
did I help you at all? :)

#13 _*Jaymz_*

_*Jaymz_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:59 PM

I tend to make a slice that I can put in the cells that are the width I want, so that dreamweaver can't push the tables over... I don't know if that makes sense but it works for me lol

#14 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2004 - 02:25 AM

Does anyone want me to send the layout to them and see what they can make of it, I'll gladly send the PSD.. :P

#15 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2004 - 02:27 AM

wait a minute...
did I help you at all?

Um, sort of, I tried that but it still got misaligned... this time the expanding box was on top of the links box... wierd huh :P

#16 _*Anarchy_*

_*Anarchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2004 - 02:33 PM

fine then, send me the psd and ill try it out :P
send to [email protected]

#17 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2004 - 04:10 PM

sent :P

#18 _*Anarchy_*

_*Anarchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2004 - 05:24 PM

Posted Image
like this?

#19 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:14 PM

You didnt use the content box images, did you ;)

I sent you two PSDs, one had the 3 images of the content box. in it.

#20 _*Anarchy_*

_*Anarchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:08 AM

oho!
sorry, let me try agin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users