5 replies to this topic

#1 Dinner

Dinner

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:34 PM

Well, it's almost the end of my first semester in year one of Graphic Design. And for my Interactive Design class, we have to create a website for "Cowboy Blue Furniture and Emporium" as our final project. Just wondering what everything thinks so far. We have to make the site using Fireworks MX2004, and the pages are just .gifs cause that's the way the teach wants them, we aren't supposed to know anything else yet, so that's why it's not that advanced, have to stick with the outline :) Anyways, check it out here Cowboy Blue

It's due Monday, so i just wanted to now what other's thought :) Oh, and 'Coral' is supposed to be "Corral" but the teach said coral on the outline lol, i'll change it sometime :)

THANKS! :D

#2 ivanthem

ivanthem

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

Simple and clean- nice grey shades. Suggestions (impress your teacher with your advancedness :))...
  • Get rid of the splash page- it doesn't provide any extra meaningful info or give the user options, so it's only slowing users down. Considering it's so similar to the rest of the site, they won't be missing anything out.
  • Not fond of the content boxes inside the main content box- they eat up space and make it look messier. If anything, make them different to the main content box.
  • Vertically center your site- it'll be much better for viewers with higher resolutions- (if you don't know how to do this, google it)
  • Rollovers could have thicker strokes- don't stand out very much and are a little hard to see
  • In the future, where possible, use proper HTML text instead of images- considering the teacher wants GIFs that's OK for this site

#3 Dinner

Dinner

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

Awesome, thanks for the tips :) SOmething i forgot to mention, we NEED a splash page, it's part of the marks. It says we should have something to get there attention, and the logo must be present, but i suck at splash pages lol.

I'll definately take your tips into consideration! Thanks again. :)

#4 Bryn

Bryn

Spammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Music, Philosophy, Design, History, Reading, Writing, The Weekend etc...

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:24 AM

nice site just the prices are very high :(

#5 Dinner

Dinner

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:59 PM

Thanks :) That's my final, it's all done. Just need to get the marks!

It's been updated since my first post, obviously.

We were supposed to make up our own prices, that's why they seem so high and ridiculous lol.

#6 shawna

shawna

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:Web Design,music,I'm a vocalist and wannabe guitarist. I'm a female of course if you haven't noticed by my name. I'm a vegetarian,and I like to help people out when I can.99% of the time,I'm partially wrong : ) so don't yell at me if I am kaythxbye

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:59 AM

I think you'd get about a B on it hopefully you got a getter grade depending on how your teacher is about perfection. Its very impressive

Edited by shawna, 16 December 2005 - 07:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users