#1 yodasaidso

yodasaidso

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

Me again :)

I just finished the design, so I thought lets put it online to let some people critique on it, the content has to be put on, and I have to make it php + the css has to be done proper, overall I think its a fast loading site since all the images all together are 72 kb, it should load faster with 56k. If you have any tips or things u like to see in the css I would like to hear it!

Click here

#2 greg

greg

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Interests:Fine art, web and graphic design, naval architecture, chess, and sports.

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:59 AM

The first thing that came to my mind when the page loaded is "AH MY EYES!" The bright blue and pure white is really harsh on the eyes with the very dark background.

I think if one of the blue "screens" was taken off, it would look much better. The symmetry doesn't quite work here.

Please, increase the text size, or at least add an option to increase it. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world using 1280x1024 resolution. Not only is the text really small, it is pure white on a dark background. As a result, it's seriously a pain to read.

I'm not a fan of the hashed dividers and seemingly random placed arrows.

I think you're on the right track, but you just need to fix the mentioned issues and maybe even make the content a little thinner, since you don't have that much of it (and text is easier to read if the lines are shorter).

#3 yodasaidso

yodasaidso

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:18 AM

Thank you for the comment, I use 1280×1024 myself, and I can read the the text fine, maybe you have cleartype off? And im planning now to put a straight line down from the blue arrow so the text alligns up better,

Oh and 1 question, do you use TFT or CRT?

#4 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:22 AM

I'm on 1024x768 and cannot read your text nor am I able to change the font size, when i approved your site I was going to comment but got side tracked but now I see greg is also getting the same as me I agree with his comments.

#5 Wybe

Wybe

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:I have no interests

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:11 AM

yeah. a fix to make the text more readable is a combination of

- increasing the font size
- decreasing the contrast between fore- and background
- decreasing line width