15 replies to this topic

#1 Eck

Eck

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

Hello, I started my site a few weeks ago and I'm still coding new scripts each day. Its more of a version two of my old website, but with new coding and a new layout(s). So please rate it and give feedback / suggestions.

Link: http://tyroshack.com/

Thank You.

#2 Good4D4ys

Good4D4ys

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:27 AM

Overall is good. So far i'm not see an error. Keep simple layout for fast loadtimes. It's because your web have many content.

#3 Dh.

Dh.

CSS Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:22 AM

Very Nice layout, good job

#4 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Computing in general, especially design and programming of all kinds.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

Oh my, that's... Well, really, I find it boring.
Could you not try something a bit more original, not just the plain and easy squares, maybe a circle or some round shapes for a bit contrast?
And/Or mix in some more blue where there's gray now?

#5 Eck

Eck

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:57 PM

Well, first off I'd just like to state that I'm not the GRAPHICS type, and I cannot create a million dollar layout like everyone else. I was just trying to get feedback on the scripts and such, because that is what I am learning right now.

Edited by Eck, 25 January 2006 - 08:26 PM.

#6 R3ViV3D

R3ViV3D

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:14 AM

Lol one thing i know is the source of this website is completely ripped of avengex.com thanks by zulumonkey.org :blink: dannyscripts.com has ripped it too check them out.

#7 Eck

Eck

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:02 AM

Um just to let you in on something..I created the site from the bottom up all from scratch. It's not a ripped source from any website. Dannyscripts ripped naresh's source. But my site is not ripped from any other website. So don't acuse someone of something when you don't know it for a fact.

#8 R3ViV3D

R3ViV3D

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:00 AM

LOl check it only the layout is different..

#9 Eck

Eck

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

Yeah if i had ripped the avengex source then i wouldn't have a fully functional forum system, gallery, rewards system, bank system, and totally different coding right? Because i've seen avengex's source code, and it is completly different then mine.

#10 Nike

Nike

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:Controlling the human and and duck race.

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

Same with Trustec.net. You all ripp of my source. Lmao. Atleast he wrote his code. You basically copied his entire layout. Make it orignal. And the reason you don't have all those other things is because you didn't add them in.

#11 Eck

Eck

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:15 PM

I didn't copy his layout, i hadnt even seen his site before you pointed it out. I had made about 3 other sites with the same layout type before.

#12 Nike

Nike

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:25 PM

I did not say you did. But I bet you did copy the layout idea from one of the three or four sites. Not accusing you of it. But look at the amazing resemblance.

#13 Eck

Eck

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:10 PM

Yeah i know, my friend Naresh (techtuts, or his old site enaresh) had a nice looking layout (but only with two boxes, 1 small and 1 large) so i just used the general layout and added a box and a few extra touch-ups.

#14 Nike

Nike

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

So, basically you stole a design layout.

#15 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:35 AM

i cant believe im hearing this, are you honestly acussing him of 'stealing' that design? give me 20 minutes and i could find you another hundred sites/portals with pretty much the exact same 3 column layout.

i havnt looked at the source and nor will i bother, just give it a rest - or ill close this thread. if you want to discuss whether the source is stolen or not i suggest you find each other on msn and do it there, not in a critique forum.

#16 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

Ok peoples enough of the you ripped them and so on.

This is critique on a website not a Judge Judy Court Hearing.

Anymore and we'll gladly start adding warnings on anyone whom cannot remain on topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users