• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lastcrime

Lastcrime

Impatient Jedi that likes to eat cereal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Snowboarding, Hockey, B-ball, Skateboarding, Computers!

Posted 16 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

Okay so im kind of stuck, im not sure how much extra to charge for the website to be coded, for instance i put together a price for the design of the whole website, All together theres about 19 pages or so. Now i know the coding is going to be a pain in the but and is going to be alot harder then the design, heres my question since its going to be alot harder do i charge more then the price of how much just the design cost?

Heres some numbers for example, i figure out that i should sell the design of all the pages for 400$, then for it to be coded do i charge another 600$?

#2 pirateXcore

pirateXcore

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:09 AM

if you charged $400 for design
then you'd probably go $1300 - $2000 for both.
But it really depends on what all you have to code & how difficult it is.

#3 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 17 August 2007 - 06:11 AM

Ding Ding Ding on what tgs said. It depends on how difficult it is and how much time it will take you. If all pages are going to look exactly the same, just different static content then you wouldn't charge as much b/c once the initial page is coded it's all cookies and milk after that. Or you can...that's the great thing about freelance...you can charge what you want with no rhyme or reason :)

#4 Lastcrime

Lastcrime

Impatient Jedi that likes to eat cereal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Snowboarding, Hockey, B-ball, Skateboarding, Computers!

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:59 AM

great thanks for the reply exactly what i was looking for.

#5 BoxedArt.com

BoxedArt.com

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:42 PM

Just curious if by coding you meant slicing alone, or integration with a CMS? Also, what type of markup do you use, and do you validate? I think all of these are factors in pricing. If it is straight html/xhtml markup, you should compare your price with a few of those PSD to HTML sites that you see advertised all over the web design blogs (the ones that run their campaigns through buysellads) to stay competitive with their rates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users