• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dragolux

Dragolux

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I love computers! I love Photoshop, Flash, Blender, Firefox, I love, well, EVERYTHING!!<br /><br />:D

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:01 PM

Hey everyone,

I've been working on a game in Visual Basic 2008 for the past week or so, and I've encountered a problem. Actually, that's not true. I just can't figure out how to do something.

Ok, here's the setup. I have a main form where the user can login (i.e. username and password fields). I also have a button on the main form that brings up a "Create a Character" form. On that form, the user can enter a username, password, etcetera, and then press the "Submit" button to create the character.

What I want the program to do is, when the user presses the "Submit" button on the "Create a Character" form, I want it to add the username, password, etcetera, to a database that can be accessed by other computers.

Is there any way to do this? I'm sure there is, but I just don't know how. :biggrin:

Thanks in advance!

Dragolux

#2 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:38 PM

Good luck? haha If it was local I could possibly help, but networking ehehe...:P

Local would be easy you could just say write to like userInfo.dll or something and read in the info with each login to check it etc :P

For a network I'd say start learning SQL...

Edited by l3lueMage, 07 December 2007 - 03:38 PM.

#3 Dragolux

Dragolux

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I love computers! I love Photoshop, Flash, Blender, Firefox, I love, well, EVERYTHING!!<br /><br />:D

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:42 PM

Good luck? haha If it was local I could possibly help, but networking ehehe... :P

Local would be easy you could just say write to like userInfo.dll or something and read in the info with each login to check it etc :P

For a network I'd say start learning SQL...

Isn't there a way to create a database on the internet that can be accessed from multiple computers? I've done it with PHP, but I'm not sure if it's possible with Visual Basic. Any thoughts?

#4 vekien

vekien

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

If you've done it in PHP, im guessing (i know jack almost about programming languages) it would be a little bit of the same.

Your best bet would be to do it via SQL, and try something like this to connect it.

#5 Dragolux

Dragolux

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

Thanks. I'll try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users