• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FlashGameboy

FlashGameboy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Mostly flash but im trying to work on Maya and some<br />signiture design

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:17 PM

can someone help me with a multi dimensinal array how does it work. oh ya also can some one help me get started with 3d

#2 Tudi

Tudi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

Not sure about the code as I don't have flash installed on the PC i;m writing right now (it's on my design laptop) but i think arrays are declared like this:

var arrvariable=Array[32,12,553,121,1256,211];

then you can use the arrvariable variable to determin whatever you need. For example:

if (arrvariable<=100 && arrvariable>=0)
{
trace(arrvariable + "is a number between 0 and 100")

else

trace (arrvariable + "is a number outside the specified limit")
}

or whatever....

Correct me if I'm wrong ppl, as my actionscrpit memory is quite short if I don't have the actual flash interface to test it in :D

P.S. About the 3d question...There are some simple programs like Ulead Cool 3d that you can start with and after you are familiar with importing 3d movies to your flash, you can move on to SMAX or MAya or other more complicated programs. If you were talking about making objects in Flash from scratch....ask yourself if you got the nerves and time to do them....I found 3d moddeling in flash quite annoying :(

#3 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:52 PM

that script may work in an old version but that code wont work any more. the var is not used any more. i dont remember off hand what the code is for an array i am at school right now but when i get home if i can remember to i will post the correct code.

#4 liquidCreativity

liquidCreativity

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:36 AM

A multi-dimensional array can be thought of as an array (or multiple arrays) within a single array. It can get fairly confusing very quick.

What are you trying to do?
ActionScript 1.0 or 2.0 ?

#5 Tudi

Tudi

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:27 AM

It will work in all flash versions. The var thingy is to define a local variable rather then a global one. You can go without it, It's just the way I learn to do flash, that's why I put it there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users