2 replies to this topic

#1 Jesseding

Jesseding

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:50 AM

Everytime I try to make a wallpaper (1600x900). And I'll save it as .png, I get low quality.
Are there any tips for saving my wallpaper to get high quality instead?

(See Attachments for the wallpaper)

Thanks,
Jesse.

Attached Files

Edited by Jesseding, 23 October 2010 - 06:52 AM.

#2 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

What program are you making it/saving it in? And when you say 'low quality' what are you seeing exactly? Sometimes, if you save in dementions that don't match your desktop resolution, and you try to make it your background, it will distort the image to fit your desktop resolution, causing it to look bad. Also, if the resolution is bigger than what your desktop resolution is, and you try to open the image in a viewer, it will have to shrink the image down to fit the screen, causing it to look pixelated. When you are looking at your image in your viewer, make sure it's at 100% (not the size of the screen, but 100% of the file's resolution. It may be bigger than can fit on your screen at one time). Once it's at full size, see if it looks clearer.

BTW, the attached image looks clean on my screen which is 1440x900 reduced to fit.

#3 joseph

joseph

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

JPEG - JPEG is best for photos when you need to keep the file size small and don't mind giving up some quality for a significant reduction in size. JPEG is not suitable for images with text, large blocks of color, or simple shapes, because crisp lines will blur and colors can shift. Only JPEG offers the options of Baseline, Baseline Optimized, or Progressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users