Trinacria

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Architecture, Art & drawing, travelling, books+cinema+music

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Hi to all!

I am a new user, I hope to do not make mistakes. 

I have some questions to ask, about basic characteristic of this software.

1 - how can I reduce all the pages on Indesign, transforming also all the object that they contain? I know that I can go on 'file -> document setup' and modify the dimensions, but all the object remain the same. It is a problem when I should print a portfolio/book in different measures.

2 - how can TEXT label be expressed on cm rather than pt? Perhaps in Indesign this isn't possible?

3 - Master page contents are always below page objects? There isn't a way to bring to front the master page objects?

4 - is there a way to have guides in every page when I drag one from the rule?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english :)

#2 WSimpson

WSimpson

P2L Admin

• Admin
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:P2L admin, graphic designer, cat lover, books and comics addict.

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Hello Trinacria,

1 - You may want to check this link (from the Adobe website). Maybe liquid layouts can be useful to you.

2 - Typeface size is measured in points by default in InDesign, but you can enter your size in cm in the Character panel (or go to Type > Size > Other) and InDesign will convert centimeters to points automatically. If you enter a 2 cm size, it will be converted to 56.692913386 points. I recommend using points since its the standard.

3 - Plenty of great info here on master pages. You may want to use layers for what you want to do.

4 - Drag a guide on your master page, it will appear on all your pages.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: indesign, pages, master page, resize, text

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users