3 replies to this topic

#1 -GhoSt-

-GhoSt-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:09 PM

I want to make my own unique header but i just dont kno how to get started...i dont want it to be all crappy i want nice details that i can do in photoshop...should i start in photoshop and add the animations in flash...wil i have to slice the buttons on the header? i just need some tips...i can use the tuts for the buttons and stuff i just mostly want to kno if i can start in photoshop and move to flash and if so how...thx...AIM me if you think it will be easier for u

#2 _*scrivener07_*

_*scrivener07_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:55 AM

Yes you can start in Photoshop. Thats how I make 95% of my images for my site. after you have your header made up in Photoshop save it as a .png . for the sake of organizition save your .swf , .fla, .jpgs, and .pngs all in the same folder. So yeah save the .png in the same folder as your .swf. then in flash open the .fla for your project go to File/Import/Import to Libray. Navigate to where the file you want to Import is and select it. Hit Ctrl+L and your libray will show up on the dock to the left. drag it from there to the stage. done! :unsure:

let me know if i helped

#3 MaRmAR

MaRmAR

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:03 AM

...but after importing the images into Library/Stage, you must convert each image into a Symbol by hitting F8. By converting them into symbols you'll be able to animate them on timeline etc.

#4 -GhoSt-

-GhoSt-

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:27 PM

ok so i got a lil confused on the .fla and .swf part...like i understand the symbol part...to movie clip rite...but when i import the .png i save it as a .fla and .swf all in the same folder as the .png rite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users