3 replies to this topic

#1 ccbass85

ccbass85

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:53 PM

I just started using flash a couple months ago and i keep running into problems.
I keep going to books or online tutorials but nuthin seems to help.( I can actionscrpit but i dont understand stuff when it gets too complicated)

Here is my problem. www.stilleffectsstudios.com/sebas When you rollover the buttons too fast, they freeze! i dont even know where to start to fix this. here is the action scrpit i gave to the buttons

on (rollOver) {
button1.gotoAndPlay("over");
}
on (rollOut, dragOut) {
button1.gotoAndPlay("off");
}
on (release) {
button1.gotoAndStop("off");
}

please help!
PS. I dunno how much info i need to give to get help but if there is anything i left out please tell. thanks

#2 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:38 PM

that is strange.. I'm using almost the same method on www.yougene.com, and I don't get that error... that's really weird..

EDIT: How did you create the buttons?

#3 ccbass85

ccbass85

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:09 PM

your buttons animate when you roll over them but then the animation just stops when you roll off. I actually have the buttons animate when you roll over them and also when you roll off of them.

i think its something wrong with my action script. i should have a if command in there some how

#4 ccbass85

ccbass85

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 02:16 PM

THIS IS HOW I CREATED THE BUTTONS:

I made a movie clip with the animation of the buttons. i named the frames "over" and "off" and the right places. i then made a dummy button ( you cant see it but it acts as a button)and added that action scrpit linking it to the moviecliip which had the animation in it.

i dunno if i explained it good enough but thats how i did it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users