• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 edg0018

edg0018

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Graphic Design, Traffic Control, Advertisement, Business Administration and anything related to these fields

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:29 AM

Hi i tried P2L and i cannot find a good tutorial on how to make forms work using Flash MX 2004 components.

The components that im using are the button, combobox, txtarea and txtinput.

I am having lots of trouble figuring out how to make these components work.
What i would like to happen is after the user fills out everything and clicks on submit the data is emailed to me. I think its called FormMail.

If you want to see what i have so far go to My Webpage and click on Order Now to see the form that doesn't work.

#2 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:10 PM

First of all you need a php or asp script that collects the data from the components and sends it to your desired email-address.

Check the helppage of flash (F1) to learn about components, I rather wouldn't use those, since they are hard to handle, I would make my own combo's, buttons and so on.

There are a lot of tutorials on p2l showing you how to get data from flash, and pack it to a email.

btw.. remove the snowfalling down on your site, it slows it down like hell.

#3 edg0018

edg0018

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Graphic Design, Traffic Control, Advertisement, Business Administration and anything related to these fields

Posted 16 June 2005 - 03:58 PM

Can you recommend me a tutorial thats very clear. I would gladly apprciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users