#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image

How SWIFT Are Your Videos?

Pixel2life.com and Electric Rain are proud to announce the second contest of our summer contest season, entitled "How SWIFT Are Your Videos?"! Our generous sponser, Electric Rain, is the ground breaking company that created the brilliant vector and rastor 3D graphics program Swift 3D! To help celebrate our version 2 launch and the launch of Swift 3D version 4.5, Electric Rain has donated some awesome prizes for you guys and gals! In fact, we'll be giving out over $600 in prizes!

Posted Image

How to Enter:

Are you ready to enter? Well here's what YOU need to do in order to qualify for some of this loot! You will need to create a simple video or animation of your choice using any version of Swift 3D. There is no given subject for this contest, so you can do whatever you like, as long as it's done in Swift 3D.

Here are some examples of what you can enter:

- Funny Cartoon
- Music Video
- 3D Animation show-off!
- Advanced models you built in motion
- Flight Simulator

The possibilities are endless, so be creative and have fun! Once your entry is ready for submission to us, you MUST Submit the .T3D source file AND your final output animation! This is done to prevent cheating and Pixel2life.com in no way owns your entry and will not be used without your consent. Zip up your files and email them to info (at) pixel2life.com - replace (at) with @

If your entry is bigger than 9MB zipped, please contact me directly to arrange an alternative to email.

Don't own Swift 3D?

While we're sure some seasoned veterans will want to add their entries, we want you new folks to give this a shot too! If you don't own any version of Swift 3D, then here's what you need to do: Run over to the Erain Demo Download Area and download the Swift 3D 4.5 Demo software! This is a fully functional version of the software except that you can not export your animation to a final render file (You can preview your animations though). Simply zip and send us the .T3D file and we'll export it on our end for viewing.

Posted Image

Who Can Enter:

This contest is open to anyone on the globe unless you work for Electric Rain, or you are staff at Pixel2life.com (Including Twodded - Sorry guys).

Contest End and Judging:

The contest is open until August 15th 2005 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time. All entries will be voted on by staff in 2 rounds of voting. Contest winners will be announced within a week of the contest end date.

Prizes:

1. Our grand prize winner will be the entry with the highest number of votes, and they win a copy of Swift 3D V4.5 and Swift 3D Xpress valued at $350!

2. The second place winner with the second highest number of votes will win a copy of Swift 3D Xpress valued at $129!

3. One random name will be drawn from the list of all entrants, and this lucky winner takes home a copy of Swift 3D Xpress valued at $129!

What You Can and Can't Use:

The final animation/render must be directly created by Swift 3D with no post editing with additional programs. You CAN however use the program to import media such as bitmap images, 3D Studio max models etc... If you can import it to the program, then you can use it.

Pixel2life.com would once again like to thank our official contest sponsor, Electric Rain, for their generous support! You can find all the product information of the prizes with the following links:

- Swift 3D V4.5 & Swift 3D Xpress Bundle

- Swift 3D Xpress

Good luck to everyone! Please post any questions or comments you have! DO NOT POST ENTRIES IN THIS THREAD! If you are a webmaster, we would really appreciate it if you would help spread the word by announcing this contest on your site on our behalf! You can use the following banner:

Posted Image

Thanks,
Faken

#2 raenef

raenef

Code Enforcer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:Web Development and Graphic Design

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:11 PM

Cant wait to see the entries that come out of this one. :-) Good luck everyone!

#3 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:11 PM

Sounds good, good luck to all that enter <3

#4 p0iz

p0iz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:16 PM

Nice! Btw, where are the entries for the last contest?

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:19 PM

Nice! Btw, where are the entries for the last contest?

In the contest winner thread. Please stay on topic.

Faken

#6 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:22 AM

Sounds great, i'm sure there'll be alot of brilliant entries for this.

#7 syndrome

syndrome

P2L patient #4819

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, Tennis, PS2, web design, CS:S

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:46 AM

cool good luck to everyone that enters

Edited by syndrome, 16 August 2005 - 11:19 AM.

#8 _*Power_*

_*Power_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:39 AM

This one's too hard for me. <3 Good luck to everyone who will enter.

#9 bongoboy

bongoboy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:36 AM

Just out of interest... Does it have to be purely Swift or can you add some post-production afterwards?

#10 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:34 AM

:P good luck for all

#11 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:39 PM

Just out of interest... Does it have to be purely Swift or can you add some post-production afterwards?

Purely Swift.

Faken

#12 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 03:50 AM

Good luck to all that enter, should be a fun comp and wow nice prizes you lucky guys and gals.

#13 Hyprkookeez

Hyprkookeez

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:Photoshop, HTML

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

Cool 2nd Contest :lol:
I <3 A couple websites that have used this program to design....
I seen a totally wicked one...
I wonder what everyone will create... B)

#14 Sacko

Sacko

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:photoshop, friends etc: &gt;<br />God i love pixel2life, thank you for choosing my pic as potw ^^ (K)

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

Lewl. you can only make simple objects in swift 3d: P but gl. btw, what's next? maya comp? :lol: the matrix reggisor shoudl join that comp then : P

#15 bongoboy

bongoboy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 05:34 PM

Lewl. you can only make simple objects in swift 3d: P but gl.

can you? :lol:

examples...

#16 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:08 PM

too bad u cant do it in any 3D Prog..
I wouldve told my brother to enter his alien dude

#17 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:44 PM

Lewl. you can only make simple objects in swift 3d: P

I'm afraid you don't know anything about the application then :D

Faken

#18 MillerTime

MillerTime

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:01 PM

i'll try even tho anything to do with graphics doesnt like me..lol

time to hit the tutorials

#19 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:50 AM

Just so you guy's know, I've added a little "What you can and can't use" section to the contest. Even though the final animation or render must be created with Swift, you can still use the import features of Swift 3D to bring in external elements. Let's say you create a complex model in 3D studio max... you are certainly allowed to import the .3ds into Swift. You can also import bitmap images etc...

If Swift 3D will import it, you can use it ;) It's only the final piece that must be rendered using Swift 3D with no post animation work done in external programs.

Thanks,
Faken

#20 Dakota

Dakota

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Anything Web Related

Posted 20 July 2005 - 11:40 PM

Little typo:

The possibilities are endless, so be creative and have fun! Once your entry is ready for submission to us, you MUST Submit the .T3D source file AND your final output animation! This is done to prevent cheating and Pixel2life.com in no way owns your entry and will not be used without your consent. Zip up your files and email them to info (at) pixel2life.com - replace (a) with @

shoudld say replace (at) with @ :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users