whirlpoolproduction

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 02:37 PM

[FONT=Times]Hi everyone who reads this

I need some help if anyone can help me.
1:Is there any ebooks for beginners of 3dsmax7?
2:How did everyone learn how to use 3dsmax? is there courses around?do you need to go uni to learn it?
3:How do i make a full 3d head from 2d pictures of a head?
4:would anyone be willing to tutor me?
5:How many people have actually paid the £2600 for 3dsmax 7?

Thank you

#2 _*®eddragon_*

_*®eddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:26 PM

wow sounds to me you wanna make a CGI or Game. Well I started modeling when I was 15. And I am still learning new stuff. Theres tons of books and tutorials on the web. My suggest for you is to take a BIG breath and miss around with everything in 3D Max. I also suggestion to do every tutorial on this site. And to find more tutorials on the web (use google). There is also tutorials in the Help Menu in 3D max. It will take years to become a pro in 3D Max. And I am no where near benning a pro lol.

Oh and go to Amazon for 3D Max books and other Modeling stuff. There is some great prices for books.

Edit- And I also suggest for a great help in Modeling. Is to learn to draw... This can make your mind grow and imagine more ideas in making a new game or movie.

Have fun!

Edited by ®eddragon, 01 August 2005 - 05:29 PM.

#3 whirlpoolproduction

whirlpoolproduction

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 02:57 AM

Thanks alot

Could you answer me 2 more questions?

How long do you reckon it will take to get a good grasp of 3dsmax?
and did you pay 2600 for 3dmax? (im using the free trial at the mo and would get in some big debt if i brought it but i think it would be worth it)

Thanx

#4 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:45 AM

morning mate,

1) to get a good grasp of 3ds max without any courses or proper training could take anywhere between 2 o3 months to 2 or 3 years depending on how hard you try at it, how familiar you are with the concepts behind it, and wether you have any help or not.

i think it took me 2 or 3 months to have a good enough grasp of it to be able to use it in the workplace (modelling this is, not rendering), but i had alot of support in the form of work colleagues helping me along the way from time to time, which beleive it or not really does help.

So i suppose in short it usually depends on the person.

Can i just add that max is a very very powerful program and like most other 3d applications you will probably never need or even know of every single tool and option available... just clarifying that incase your definition of a good grasp is knowing it inside out, although im sure it isnt.

2) i think youll find (although it against forum rules to discuss) that 90% or even more of the forum users here and most places have illegal copies of max, so we'll just leave it at that.

about paying for it though, it is worth the money definately (is it really 2600? didnt realise it was that expensive lol), but the only thing is if you are just a casual user and want it for s***s and giggles i wouldnt get yourself into any finacial difficulties over a copy of it. a good alternative is c4d which i think might be a bit cheaper and around about the same level in max in terms of its capabilities.

if your a student you might want to look into getting a student copy of the program as i think you can get them at a ridiculously cheap price compared to the standard price. also you might want to try looking on ebay as you can get a copy on there at cut price too. and just because max 7 is the new version, dont let that put you off max6 as that is more than good enough for your average (and in some case professionals...) user.

hope that helps, stu.

#5 _*®eddragon_*

_*®eddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:02 PM

it is only illegal if you make a game or movie for sale. It is oka to get an illegal copy if you are learning and sharing pics, movies, or game models. But never sale anything that is from 3D max. Then they will know where you live >_<.

I got a bible MAX 4 for 7.75 on Amazon (reg. price $49.99). Its an awesome book to know what everything in Max 4 has. Don't worry about 5-7V. Because you will need to know the basics first. lol. And it will get you ahead of the game in college! ZING!

If you are making Games and Cgi later in life. Look me up for as well ®eddragon. I have so many ideas for future projects. And I will bring gamers back to gameing. And Sci-fi movies back to life.

Edited by ®eddragon, 03 August 2005 - 07:03 PM.

#6 lexgear

lexgear

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:3d-Art, Paintball-Skirmish, outdoor sports

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

Hey :hi: everyone, ok well I started learning 3d art with Maya because the personal learning edition is free and they give you free beginners courses. Very good, it’s better for doing art but I would personally think that it can’t be as accurate as 3dsmax. 3dsmax is good in that area but things take allot longer to do. That is just a personal opinion.

:lol: I'm not very exp with 3dsmax so i cant really say but what i am saying is that maya offers free things to get you started and there is lots you can do.

#7 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:37 AM

5:How many people have actually paid the £2600 for 3dsmax 7?

This conversation ends here.

#8 lexgear

lexgear

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:3d-Art, Paintball-Skirmish, outdoor sports

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:20 AM

are you being sarcastic or is this topic just going stupid...or are you pointing out that this guy has just riped off 3dsmax? :lol:

#9 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:37 AM

are you being sarcastic or is this topic just going stupid...or are you pointing out that this guy has just riped off 3dsmax? :lol:

No I am not being sarcastic, we do not allow talk of illegal software on p2l.

#10 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:38 AM

it is only illegal if you make a game or movie for sale. It is oka to get an illegal copy if you are learning and sharing pics, movies, or game models. But never sale anything that is from 3D max. Then they will know where you live >_<.

although adam has already said that this part of the topic should end, i just feel that i should point out that it is NOT legal to have an illegal copy of max in any way. although you can kind of guess that by the contradiction of having a legal illegal copy? the only way you can have a legal copy is if you have purchased a license. whether its for commercial or personal use you need a license and if you are found out without one you could face some hefty fines which would probably leave you in debt for quite a long time.

#11 _*®eddragon_*

_*®eddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

so why is this still open? Just close it or delete the messages. Gssh.

#12 whirlpoolproduction

whirlpoolproduction

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:01 AM

I dont see why this will get deleted

It wasnt actually me who started talking about illegal copys

I asked how many people have paid 2600 for it
This was actually seeing if i could get it cheaper somewhere of if i could get a student loan or free copys for learners.

Mountain out of a mole hill thats what you have made

#13 whirlpoolproduction

whirlpoolproduction

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 04:07 AM

Oh and by the way
Im still using the free trial and have NOT riped nothing
Nice of you to acuse me of being a thief :rolleyes:

#14 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:16 AM

it was probably me that bought up the whole illegal copy thing...

2) i think youll find (although it against forum rules to discuss) that 90% or even more of the forum users here and most places have illegal copies of max, so we'll just leave it at that.

so apologies for starting that off.

but either way, hope your questions been answered...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users