#1 Tahoon

Tahoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:05 AM

Hi all
i m working on a project and i m supposed to be rendering but i cant .
i set up my cameras and lighting i am using normal scanline render with a radiosity solution the problem is taht i get an error message and it says (cant complete crrent operation insufrcient memory) and the program instantly shuts itself down my pc is a bit modest but that is what is avalaible pentuim 4 (2.8ghz)
with 700mb ram and my vga card . if there is anyone familliar with my problem please come in.
thank u
oh iforgot im worhing on a 3dsmax7 [B][SIZE=7][SIZE=7]

#2 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:47 AM

hello, try turning radiosity off and rendering. try fake whatever lighting effect you are trying to get.

or buy more ram lol

alternatively upload the file somewhere and i will render it for you...

#3 _*容ddragon_*

_*容ddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:48 AM

700mb of ram? Thats a odd amount of ram. lol. Check out this awesome site for ram clicky!. It has great prices for ram and reviews for the best. I also suggest that you should Render a normal scene without light. So that means put things on 1 after an other. But I think the main probelm here is the radiosity. :)

#4 Tahoon

Tahoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:29 PM

I Thank u All for feedback
but about the Error i dont think the cause using radiosity solutiuon the error message (insufficient memory) Apears ater i finished the radiosity solution and it apperrs while rendering and the program shuts itself down . that also happens when i render scan line render without the radiosity solution. i have anothe question who does increasing WINDOWS Virtual MEMORY effect the performance of 3ds max and does it have a certain limit ? i mean if i increase it too much does it have a negative effect .

#5 _*容ddragon_*

_*容ddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2005 - 06:45 PM

Don't ever miss around Virtual Memory and it should also be at default or off. Whatever it was first. You should instead use Light Tracer and leave Radiosity alone! And I think it is the Radiosity..try using Light Tracer. But if all else fails. Get a new comp or buy new ram.

#6 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:41 AM

bit extreme telling him to get a new computer just cus his model wont render :)

is there anyway you could upload the file for me tahoon so i can have a look at it?

#7 Tahoon

Tahoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:16 PM

its will be a bit difficult to send the model ---- it exceeds 80MBs For now i will keep trying on the file and i will inform you before sending it which will mean that i gave up. :D
and waht are u laughing at ;) i hope to see u working on a machine like it

#8 Tahoon

Tahoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:24 PM

I CAN UPLOAD ONE OF TEST RENDERINGS BUT IDNT THINK IT WILL HELP IDENTIFYING THE PROBLEM AT LEAST U CAN SEE WHO SHITY THIS IS
THGHT SHOT WAS RENDERED UNDER RADIOSITY.

[image removed by jay]

#9 _*容ddragon_*

_*容ddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

I see nothing worng...lol. Im not sure but do you have your Shadow Area for the lights? And could you also use Light tracer instead? And the place looks kinda bright...

#10 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:09 PM

This is not the place for "my PC is better" and I am cleaning it up. There's no need of that, he's asking for help.

The language better stop as well :angry:

#11 _*容ddragon_*

_*容ddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

Umm we are helping. You are just over reacting gssh. And I think he isn't gonna post...so I guess my job here is done.

#12 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:35 AM

posts have disappeared and now im really confused...

you should just render it without radiosity and i would take out all those omni lights youve scattered around, if you want to do it like that make some light fixtures and put the omnis in there then they wont look wierd.

#13 Tahoon

Tahoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

in fact i didnt use omni lights at all i also i used (area lights)?? do u belive that Iwas astonished with the spots of light reflected over the mesh partitions ..who do u find the pees does it look fresh? i ll try light tracer but i think it doesnt give a good effect in the interiors do u recommend using mental ray for rendering that scene? i never used it before but i m always willing to try.................

#14 Tahoon

Tahoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:41 AM

about my other post about Brazil s/r why did your moderator lock it?????????????????????????
i cant post a reply and i will post it here if u don't mindu didnt undestand my question i mean : is it fast compared to light tarcer and radiosity or mental ray that's my question im not asking about my computer thank u anyway .

#15 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:43 AM

well i personally use VRay, and its alot quicker cus it is a GI renderer (global illumination) so you dont have to fake the natural lighting of the room like you would with scanline.

i believe mental ray has something similar to this, try search on google for mental ray final gathering. i havnt used it before so im not really too sure.

i think the lighting of your room is actually ok(ish) apart from these reflections on the mesh.

maybe try add a direct light so its coming through the windows and set the shadow type to raytrace.

leave the area lights or whatever they are and just turn off radiosity all together. and see if its any faster, and if it is could you post another render so we can see what it looks like.

then maybe we can work more on the lighting without radiosity if it is faster?

#16 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:00 AM

about my other post about Brazil s/r why did your moderator lock it?????????????????????????
i cant post a reply and i will post it here if u don't mindu didnt  undestand my question i mean : is it fast compared to light tarcer and radiosity or mental ray that's my question im not asking about my computer thank u anyway .

i dont know why it was locked you would have to ask him. i dont even know why this one was cleaned up i missed the messages...

but in answer to your question, brazil is probably faster renderer than scanline for sure, and probably mental ray too. i think the main difference is something to do with raytrace materials, im not too sure. but if you use raytrace in scanline it is dead slow, but in brazil its faster. also the general quality of materials and the like, plus more acurate lighting, is what attracts most people i suppose.

not a big user of brazil though, im sure you can find more (correct) answers HERE or HERE

#17 _*容ddragon_*

_*容ddragon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

I got warned as well. But anyway. Brazil also can have softer effect to your models. There is some Tutorials here on the site that can help you render as well.

#18 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:59 PM

This topic was cleaned because there was a lot of "my pc is better than yours" and there was no need of it. The other topic was locked because it was the same question as this is.

#19 Tahoon

Tahoon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

idont think that a difinning the poblem with a specific rendering job is the same issue talking about rendering plugins or is it that im allowed to post one post and why do u sound so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
may be want to help byt U ARE ABUSING your powers and u hve to be reported

#20 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:24 PM

idont think that a difinning the poblem with a specific rendering job is the same issue talking about rendering plugins or is it that im allowed to post one post and why do u sound so loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
may be want to help byt U ARE ABUSING your powers and u hve to be reported

I suggest you pop yourself back on topic please and respect our staff here and their decisions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users