swirl effect or???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _*SERB-4-LIFE_*

_*SERB-4-LIFE_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:11 AM

ok for the new layout that I am making i wanted to try how the "lines" would look
so here is what i want www.zymic.com see the lines on the right they can be dont in photo shop i have seen sites with it i just cant find one now,

yeh like many of those lines crosing each other yeh ill try to find a site with it

now i was looking throught p2l tuts and i could find one that explains how to do that

so can someone please make a tut abt it

#2 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:49 PM

Which lines? The diagonal ones? ;)

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 07:36 PM

ok for the new layout that I am making i wanted to try how the "lines" would look
so here is what i want www.zymic.com see the lines on the right they can be dont in photo shop i have seen sites with it i just cant find one now,

yeh like many of those lines crosing each other yeh ill try to find a site with it

now i was looking throught p2l tuts and i could find one that explains how to do that

so can someone please make a tut abt it

thanks ;)

Do you mean the colored ones? Those are tentacles... do a search on P2L for tentacles under the photoshop cat and you'll find tons :huh:

Faken

#4 _*SERB-4-LIFE_*

_*SERB-4-LIFE_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:58 AM

ok thanks a l0t Faken i got a good tut for it :huh:

i did the tut its looks so crap :D like the lines r not strait somehow they go like holes and stuff nah :D ill stick to my orb her Faken what do u think of the template i made because ur the pro tell me what i should change :D please ;)

#5 _*Andy_*

_*Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:56 PM

yea S4L, making tentacles in photoshop is tricky when you have sheared your line - it becomes very rought at the edges. If you start with the tentacles like 4 times bigger than you need them, then when you scale them down. they will look smooth ;)

Andy

#6 _*SERB-4-LIFE_*

_*SERB-4-LIFE_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:44 PM

ok il try to do that sometime ;)

#7 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:40 PM

The pen tool roolz. ;)

#8 _*SERB-4-LIFE_*

_*SERB-4-LIFE_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:43 AM

no it doesnt its fard to use ;)

#9 _*vexir_*

_*vexir_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:24 PM

I know but all the pros seem to say it rules, so it must ;)

#10 _*Andy_*

_*Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:33 PM

^^ yea it rules. lolol.

The pen tool is actually one of the best tools just... ever.

I suggest you sit your ass down and strap yourself to the seat - now we can learn.

If you start off at a point and click another point a bit away but hold it down the second time, you can drag it all over. Once you have found your desired position let go.

Now, for your 3rd point, if its going along the path where the computer would guess your going, you only have to click. However, if its miles to the left, you are going to see you have a loop at the end.

So, back in step #2 before you let go, hold ALT which lets you drag the ending point about before you let go to make your 3rd point go anywhere you want.

For the tentacles you dont really need it, except at the very tip... and maybe at the end thick part where it needs to square off. Thats basically the pen tool.

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users