#1 Zefar

Zefar

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:03 AM

http://www.3dtotal.c...s/lotsmetal.asp

Ok, there are 3 tuts in that one but I'm mostly interested in the 2:nd one with the real shiny metal.

So if anyone could, show me some ss of how to get it like that, it would pretty good.
Since I'm making a mod and I need to make that material to some of my items that I have made.

http://img.photobuck...eBladeSword.png
The one I made.

http://img.photobuck...0Mod/UC1401.jpg
The real picture of the sword.

Anyway with that tut I do get to some point then it just stops, when I render it all goes wrong and everything I done is just plain wrong.

I'm using 3D Max 7. And yes I'm quite a noob on this program when it comes to texturing and animation so please be nice. Plus I have asked this on 2 3D forums so far, well not this tut but asked for a way to get that shiny metal but no one is able to help me. :/ Yet they can make shiny metal objects.

Well that's all I gotta say for the moment.

#2 Zefar

Zefar

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:04 AM

Ok, so you guys are pro(Or at least very good at it) at 3D max and that but you can't help me when I'm asking a question plus I provide with a guide. :D

So is there someone who can just simplify that guide to me. Also I have been asking this on 3 forum now, no one knows how to make shiny metal, yet I see some new models with them. >.>

#3 lameusername

lameusername

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:13 AM

Im allso a newbee at max more into c4d, but have you tried to post the Q on cgtalk, in the max forum.
Good luck.

#4 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:04 AM

firstly zefar, i find you quite rude in assuming that we are all here too just help you. our help is free - we dont get paid for it, so we will answer you in our own time.

comments like this:

Ok, so you guys are pro(Or at least very good at it) at 3D max and that but you can't help me when I'm asking a question plus I provide with a guide.

wont get you help any faster and will probably deter people from answering you post anyways.

secondly, please dont bump your topics back up, they will get answered sooner or later if someone knows how.

and lastly, on that tutorial you actually have the materials in a downloadable format, so if you are finding it hard, why dont you do one of two things:

1. download the material and just use the ones they have provided.
2. download the material and disect it so you know how to make on and then make your own.

When i usually make some sort of reflective material i use hdri in order to create the reflection on the object.

Afterall, your object can only reflect what is in the scene, which seems to be the problem your sword is encountering as its the only object in there so it has nothing except grey to reflect. When you use hdri it will kind of mimic other objects being in the scene and create a refelction of the hdri image you have used.

search for some good hdri tutorials on top of using the materials they have provided.

Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users