8 replies to this topic

#1 sapphire56

sapphire56

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 12:18 PM

i am a beginner into 3D and is trying to make a animation whit the 3dsmax video post rendering. but when i save my file as a windows video file(avi) but the video isn't longer than 1 frame when i load it in mediaplayer

i am using one of the tutorials on the 3Dsmax cd but the tutorial isn't explaining anytthing about this
what have i done wrong

#2 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

somehow it sounds like you are rendering just one frame of the whole animation.. have you really checked the box to render the whole timeline?

#3 sapphire56

sapphire56

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:36 AM

yes the timeline is 0 to 100, and it renders the animation after rendering every frame, but when i save what i rendered the avi file lasts for 00:00 seconds

#4 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

I tried to redo your mistake and i succeeded !!

When you render using F10 (render in the render menu) and you select the active segment (0..100), all he does is rendereing frame / frame. So if you dont specify a filename in the output folder section, only the last frame wont be lost! --> so select a name in the out put folder option !!

#5 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:09 PM

see the attached image if your confused or dont know how to do the above...

you can also save them as images actually, then it just incrememnts the file name by one and you get all 100 frames saved as a .jpg .tga or whatever extension you choose. thats usually ideal if your rendering something with high render times as that way you can pick up at the frame you left off at when it gave an error or whatever. whereas with an avi file, its lost and youve wasted x hours/days rendering it.

Attached Files

Edited by Stu, 08 December 2005 - 01:13 PM.

#6 _*liam_uk7_*

_*liam_uk7_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:53 PM

I have the full version of Cinema 4D 9 XL and i do not know how to render a movie, i can render a preview and many other options, but there is not render in the Render drop down meni, anyone know what i should do? :wacko:

#7 funkysoul

funkysoul

The Funky Stuff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts
  • Interests:Music: HIM, HIM, HIM, Cafe del Mar, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, Coldplay, Eric Jordan<br />Sports: Snowboarding, KiteSurfing, Extreme Sports<br />Computer: Flash, After Effects, Actionscript

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:58 PM

you should make a new post for this..
You will not get many answers posting your question on another topic.. besides this a complete other software...

#8 _*liam_uk7_*

_*liam_uk7_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:28 PM

lol My bad - this isnt CD4 Topic :)

#9 Av-

Av-

I Feel Left Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:46 AM

even tho you shouldve made another topic i will answer your quesrion :)
it isnt much different then 3ds max, first you go to render > render settings (ctrl+B) then go to output and tell c4d which frames you would like to render, then go to save and select the path where you want it to be saved and in which format.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users