• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:00 AM

blender is capable of
http://www.cgnetwork...2523_medium.jpg

Please don't hotlink images

that ^^
done by Grzegorz Rakoczy

Edited by Donna, 30 June 2005 - 12:03 AM.

#42 Ki's Empire

Ki's Empire

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:55 AM

That is rather amazing :blink:

KIWI :D

#43 Hereje

Hereje

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Web design, programing, multimedia, videogames.

Posted 29 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

I've been using blender for a while, it's a very nice program (when u use to it!), it can do ALL the things that 3dMax, Maya and other expensive 3d software can do, and the best thing: FOR FREE!

and, in combination with Yafray u can do amazing things

u guys really have to check the gallery :)

#44 _*Speed_*

_*Speed_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2005 - 12:00 AM

Is 3d max the same thing as designCAD 3d max? :lol: really is it?

UPDATE: Still need to know if there is a difference between designCAD 3d max and 3d max, but i checked out blender and its really good. :)

Edited by Speed, 30 June 2005 - 12:02 AM.

#45 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:04 AM

google is a very powerful tool...

http://www.imsisoft....sp?t=1&mcid=326

bit like autocad, i assume it can model in 3d but not like max can. as far as i can see it has no affiliation with max at all apart from the name, i wouldnt waste my money on it if i were you though... if you want something like that get autocad, otherwise use max it can do the same things + more (except drafting - unless you want to spend ages on it)

edit: oh and btw, you have an error on your site...

mySQL query error: SELECT r.*,c.cname FROM ibf_tutorials r LEFT JOIN ibf_tutorials_cats c ON (c.cid=r.cat) WHERE r.open='1' ORDER BY r.date DESC LIMIT 0,5

mySQL error: Table 'photo_invision.ibf_tutorials_cats' doesn't exist
mySQL error code: 
Date: Thursday 30th of June 2005 03:04:18 AM

#46 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 02:18 PM

all 3d is basically the same, and most of the stuff can get mostly the same results, so just concentrate on learning 3d in general its all the same

#47 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:41 PM

all 3d is basically the same, and most of the stuff can get mostly the same results, so just concentrate on learning 3d in general its all the same

+ a few !!!'s on the end...
:D follow that ;)

#48 patellio

patellio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:58 PM

The software you use should depend upon:

A: Your Experience Level---You don't wanna be a beginner working in Lightwave or 3DS Max

B: What Are Your Intentions?---If you just want to produce abstract works of art, go get Bryce, or Cinema 4D. If you're looking at creating professional quality movies and/or short films, look at purchasin Maya, Lightwave, or 3DSMax.

C: Budget!!!---Oh yeah! Those 3d Programs can set you back like crazy!!!I recently bought the educational versions of AutoCAD, 3DsMax, Bryce, Carrara 4 Pro, Lightwave, Poser 5, and Rhinoceros 3.0 [as part of a business deal w/some ppl] and it cost $1,295...$649.95...$56.95...$136.95...$374...$114.95...and $142.95 Respectively...and i don't even have my receipts for Maya, C4d and ZBrush...But...DONT forget about those free programs such as Blender 3D and DAZ Studio [Used to edit files from other DAZ Products]

EDIT: Imagine how much i would have spent if I weren't purchasing the Educational versions!!!...I would be broke by now!!!

BTW...

All 3D is NOT the same...well at least according to the amount of work put inAND ESPECIALLY in what program you use...If you create something in C4D or Lightwave or Maya, would you expect the same result from something you work even harder on in Swift 3d? I highly doubt that you would come even close to the product from the other 3D programs...

Still need to know if there is a difference between designCAD 3d max and 3d max, but i checked out blender and its really good. wink.gif

Isn't designCAD more for turning your CAD files from 2D [drawn on blueprints, etc.] to 3Dimensional models? ;)

Edited by patellio, 01 July 2005 - 12:01 AM.

#49 Darkruler

Darkruler

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 10:46 AM

Lightwave is the best around, no doubt.

I use Cinema4D and 3D studio max though.

#50 Bengo

Bengo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art, Graphic Design, Web Design

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:31 AM

Guys guys, the best 3D program around is really the one you use the most. They do all basically the same thing, you just need to be skilled at it.

#51 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:13 PM

the dam topic goes around in circles...
someone will say
"yeah but maya is so much better"
and then someone will say
"no max is far better"
"well they are all different"
then it will start over again... its a matter of opinion.
look at demos of each one. if you dont like the demo dont get the program. also to get any good at ANY requires patience and time..

please STOP going around in circles.. it is driving me mad... i just thought i would say this now so i didnt say anything worse later and get one of those pm's from donna... she is good at checking up on topics and i dont want to be on her bad side...

#52 patellio

patellio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:05 AM

someone will say
"no max is far better"
look at demos of each one. if you dont like the demo dont get the program. also to get any good at ANY requires patience and time..

please STOP going around in circles.. it is driving me mad... i just thought i would say this now so i didnt say anything worse later and get one of those pm's from donna... she is good at checking up on topics and i dont want to be on her bad side...

I concur... :P

I'm just gonna stop looking at this page on the site...Haha!

#53 jmayo

jmayo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:08 PM

get a demo of all of them if you can, try them out, purchase the one you like.
I use 3dsMAX and love it, I don't care for maya or c4d but I have seen BEAUTIFUL things come out of them. Every one has their preferences

#54 Bryn

Bryn

Spammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts
  • Interests:Music, Philosophy, Design, History, Reading, Writing, The Weekend etc...

Posted 10 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

I think c4d has most online support.
With programs it depends what your trying to make which decides which program is best.
personally i like maya and bryce.
Maya has better effects as it is the most technical and with bryce landscape work is amazing.

#55 D3 Max

D3 Max

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:21 PM

Maya is actually what most top movie makers use. Like they used it for Starwars EP3. But I guess we lonely designers dont like it. Ive tryed Maya and its too hard.

#56 lameusername

lameusername

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:18 PM

First i tryed maya then came max then c4d, now i realyse, maybe it should have been the other way around, but i am still using c4d and maybe when im in need of highend film animation ill use maya or max or still use c4d because they can do the same things if working together with other apps.

Now, Cinema 4D is maybe the most easy app to use and allso for beginners and ABSTRACT..? artists, but the reason for that is its logic user interface, that for my opinion is the only reason i prefer exactely that app, before the others.

I hope some day these 3d app firms would make one app alltogether and share experince, like the car industries worked out where they would put the sterring wheel, brakes, and the gass pedal all for logical reasons, to match the human brain and anatomy, because no 3d app today is the best, advanced or final product yet, so i am still waiting for more evolution on that field, and amusing my self with this thread, and my bad english..

#57 lameusername

lameusername

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 06:58 PM

I forgot this link, take a look-

http://www.zaon.com/...d_rendering.php

#58 BeaverElfeater

BeaverElfeater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:36 PM

someone will say
"no max is far better"

the maya guy is me

#59 .Vibralux

.Vibralux

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Rolling, Music.

Posted 18 September 2005 - 02:02 PM

IMO, maya and 3DsM are the most powerfull, but I perferr Cinema 4D the most because that is the program I know the best.

#60 Musoka

Musoka

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:48 PM

http://www.zaon.com/...d_rendering.php

This is a great article for deciding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users