sq3r

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:07 AM

OKAY! see all the entries here: http://www.pixel2lif...showtopic=22694

I'm back and I have carefully reviewed everyone's entry and come to the following conclusions:

NOTE: 2nd and 3rd place prizes have been switched because I realized how much better having a potato eaten in your honor is than an esteem-boosting compliment. Sorry if anyone is disappointed.

-------------------------------

1st place: Magnesium
Not only was it a delightfully unique interpretation of the comic but I think even the fact that you made no comments to accompany it helped with the effect. Your ending wasn't completely obvious, yet the lack of an explanation gave the effect that it was, and that everyone should get it. I like that kind of thing (intentional or not.)

Here is your gift, it's a little too large to post here so I'll just link it. Use it as you see fit.
> Signed picture of my foot here.

2nd place: Mindgamez
Yes, I did get it, or I think so anyway. What I got was that he was an unhealthily thin man (aka stick figure) and he was being tempted by the apple in some way or another to eat it (which is something I hear anorexics don't do) and thus, he ended himself. If I'm right, which I always am, then congratulations on another semi-abstract exegesis*.

Rest assured, I did eat a potato in your honor. I actually microwaved the potato too, which is something I've never done before. It was kinda rubbery on the outside, and gooey on the inside. I cut it into four pieces and topped it with ketchup and ranch and ate it while thinking of you and your honor. I even took a picture of it beforehand as proof.
> Picture of the potato.

3rd place: Albino4zn
Quite a clever turn of events. I still really like this one and it makes me smile when I look at it. Personifying objects is something I favor too. In this case, it was a short-tempered apple with a shotgun.

Your prize: an encouraging and esteem-boosting compliment.
> "Keep up the good work!"

I would like to congratulate all the other runner-ups too. Most of them made me smirk, but the three winners either made me giggle or sort of exhale quickly through my nose in a laughing sort of way.

Once I get my act together, I'll get another unfinished comic up and we can start again.

* props go to Answers.com

Edited by Donna, 18 June 2006 - 10:10 PM.

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:16 AM

Congrats all

lmao at those prizes that's a total classic lol

#3 sq3r

sq3r

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 04:06 AM

Thanks a bunch :] There will be more wonderful prizes to come with the next edition.

And on a related note, I feel like a fool for asking, but I'm tired of looking for a way to change my topic's title. I'm not used to this forum software I guess, because usually it's something you do when you're editing the first post.

#4 Magnesium

Magnesium

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, golf, Nam Pai Chuan Kung Fu, paintballing, squash, boxing and skiing

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:28 AM

Aww cheers sq3r, that prize is getting printed off and going right under my pillow.

In terms of not being able to get it, don't worry - you just got it ^_^

#5 Dirk Black

Dirk Black

Sir Emo Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Interests:C4D graphic artwork and design, music (guitar songwriting vocals.) Painting, photography, video games.

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:27 AM

*clap clap clap* "And to the victors go the spoils.*

I burn with a firey jealousy.

#6 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:30 AM

Thanks a bunch :] There will be more wonderful prizes to come with the next edition.

And on a related note, I feel like a fool for asking, but I'm tired of looking for a way to change my topic's title. I'm not used to this forum software I guess, because usually it's something you do when you're editing the first post.

You can't change the topic titles, but I can so let me know what you want it changed too please.

#7 sq3r

sq3r

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:43 PM

Ah well that definitely makes sense.

I was just going to change the sub-text to something like "CONTEST OVER" or something unecessary like that.

#8 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

Ah well that definitely makes sense.

I was just going to change the sub-text to something like "CONTEST OVER" or something unecessary like that.

Topic is Split :D

#9 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:33 AM

lol, go me! i got some encouragement!

#10 sq3r

sq3r

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:30 AM

Use it wisely.

And Magnesium, if you can get me a photo of that picture under your pillow I would be most pleased.

#11 Mindgamez

Mindgamez

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:47 AM

That's a 5-star restaurant style potato serving right there. :D

I've won software, won hardware, won web hosting..

.. but this potato. This is going on my wall. I never won anything for making a comic.

P.S. I've never made a comic before. :D

Thanks again. And thanks Magnesium for your insightful explanation. :P

Edited by Mindgamez, 21 June 2006 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users