#1 lipsum1992

lipsum1992

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

Posted Image

The above signature is the first good bit of photoshop work ive done, or atleast i think so anyway. Although i still think its aload of rubbish, but thats what you get from being a beginer.

All comments welcome with open arms.
Give me tips on how to improve if you can please ;)

#2 Dale71

Dale71

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:00 PM

For a beginner thats quite good.

I think the top of the border should be brought down a little bit, or the bottom of the border moved out a little bit.

You should download some brushes so that you get more of an intresting background.

Also try cutting some shapes that go with the structure of the border inside the border. So It's transparent and you can see the BG behind it, Makes it look a bit more techy.

#3 The_pro_designer

The_pro_designer

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:I am a Graphics designer, I work at Target, and I have a beautiful girlfriend names Mckenna. <3 Thats about it.

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:02 AM

First off, that boarder is way too big for the signature! I also suggest you invert it and brush some tech shapes with brushes into it to make it look a bit better.. You can also just cutout shapes.. I can barley see the render.. also a fualt of your boarder.. lol.. I would make it smaller so you can see more of the body and not just the head.. The text is very plain.. Go to layer and then style options from there you should be able to play around with the options and make the text look a bit better! I have no problem with the background but when you color anything useully the best option is color balence.. Ctrl+B!

Its awesome for your first non the less, just some tips so it can be even better!

-The pro

#4 lipsum1992

lipsum1992

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:25 AM

Thanks for the comments you two. Didn't realise i made it big till then. I'll be sure to sort that out though. :friends:

#5 union-jack

union-jack

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:55 AM

the best advice i can give to you if your just starting out making graffics is to read tons of tutorials, there are many here on this site, read them, try them, play with the software and check out what everything does, stick at it and within a relatively short period of time you will be knocking tags out lr&c

#6 Illinifan91

Illinifan91

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:26 PM

looks good but the font isnt ledgible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users