• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#81 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Im a logo designer, my expertise is branding. I do templates too, but I suck at coding :). I do little photography as well...:)<br />Thats all

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

Am I the only one doing logos ? :unsure: :)

Posted Image

#82 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Soccer, Hockey, Guitar, CKY

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

No, I've actually done 3 more, but my piece of crap computer doesn't have enough ram to export from illustrator to photoshop (worked before, so kinda confuses me), so I have to save it as a jpg through illustrator (and every time I have it's been poor quality)

I'll post em soon.

#83 damir_zg

damir_zg

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:32 PM

thanks guys for the nice comments!
i changed the globe, i think it's better now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No, I've actually done 3 more, but my piece of crap computer doesn't have enough ram to export from illustrator to photoshop (worked before, so kinda confuses me), so I have to save it as a jpg through illustrator (and every time I have it's been poor quality)

I'll post em soon.

try to close every possible aplication you dont need, maybe you will have enough ram then

#84 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

I've tried, but I'm gonna restart and try again... after I finish downloading something

#85 Discontinuity

Discontinuity

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 09:16 AM

Sorry everyone, I'll post tomorrow. Motherboard died on my work computer (black screen of death - northbridge chipset) so I'm using my wife's laptop to post this! Look forwrd to seeing your designs Matty, and nice work everyone ;)

Thanks inferi for reminding me!

#86 ChrisGilmore

ChrisGilmore

Young Padawan

• Publishing Betazoids
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

Looking forward to the feedback.

#87 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Im a logo designer, my expertise is branding. I do templates too, but I suck at coding :). I do little photography as well...:)<br />Thats all

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

Gonna try this one with another font after I get some sleep :blink:

Posted Image

Edited by NothingMan, 07 September 2006 - 06:47 PM.

#88 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:36 PM

I'll post em soon.

I forgot to congratulate you on your first entry, great logo man! Love it!!! :blink: ;)

Edited by NothingMan, 07 September 2006 - 06:38 PM.

#89 Discontinuity

Discontinuity

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:13 PM

Gonna try this one with other font after I get some sleep :blink:

Posted Image

Nice Nothingman - your best piece of work so far in my opinion! you made it a lot more simple, dropped extraneous styles (bevel, embossing etc). you do have a fascination with lines though!

damir - post #55. overcomplex, poor choice of fonts/gradients - your #25 'bag tag' was a lot better, though wouldn't scale to a useable size for the web. it had good choice of font, bold colours and was a nice take on the concept.

Dance - your edit speaks to me ;) . i don't think the heart works really.

MattyK - #34 - works greyscale, works colour, just too 'fun' and i'm not convinced by the choice of font. would be perfect for 'myfirstwebshop' but webshop365 needs something a little higher end (pitch not quality of work that is)

inferi mouse - too 'elite', would appeal to only a small sector of the population. interesting colours, not quite enough contrast possible but it had nice ideas. The mouse doesn't work and is derivative, even if you vectored it yourself.

minus - nice hanging bag idea - too much use of default photoshop layer effects, slightly washed out blue for 'shop'. fonts again seem to be from the Windows + Office default set.

Cooper - post #40, hosting is in Manchester UK, bandwidth isn't monitored (nor is space) but it would be for a 'website' rather than a download area. elegant bag idea, not a great font imo. sits well together but doesn't give a 'coherent worldview' the way some of the entries do, and is maybe just a bit too plain.

inferi - #43, too many different fonts, elegant, well drawn clock

ChrisGilmore - simple, effective, modern.......... ;) . only downside is it looks like a shoe brand.

inferi - #66 nice logo, needs typography.

myoto - #68 the logo isn't wonderful but the typography and colours are above average. you might want to watch your jaggies to make it really crisp.

damir - #66.........tried this greyscale? it doesn't work at all for me unfortunately. Webshop365 is the name of the product and it stands out the least. #83 has the same text/wedges problem, and although the globe is better, did i mention that the product is mostly sold in the UK? America isn't the center of the globe to most europeans - they get quite upset about that.

MattyK - try saving as a png or importing that into photoshop? tried maxing your photoshop memory (use 80% rather than higher) and making sure illustrator isn't hanging around in your task manager?

hope that helps everyone - some really good entries there - I look forward to the next few submissions eagerly!

#90 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:29 PM

I'll post em soon.

I forgot to congratulate you on your first entry, great logo man! Love it!!! :blink: ;)

As do I your newest piece, very well done

#91 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:39 PM

MattyK - try saving as a png or importing that into photoshop? tried maxing your photoshop memory (use 80% rather than higher) and making sure illustrator isn't hanging around in your task manager?

I don't want it as a png though, cause I'd like the layers in some cases. And I'm not importing into photoshop, I'm exporting the file from illustrator as a .psd, and it says not enough memory, so photoshop isn't open, and illustrator has to be. (BTW, no task manager per say here... I'm on a mac)

I'll work it out tomorrow, and come up with some ideas on the weekend

#92 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:57 PM

myoto - #68 the logo isn't wonderful but the typography and colours are above average. you might want to watch your jaggies to make it really crisp.

I'm goign to keep the typography and modify the logotype
Posted Image
Posted Image
this one has a little shadow to give a good effect
Posted Image
the logo in bw
Posted Image
the logo with a globe in the cart
Posted Image

note that all of them has a larger scale version

Edited by Myoto, 07 September 2006 - 11:59 PM.

#93 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:05 AM

other logos
Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 ChrisGilmore

ChrisGilmore

Young Padawan

• Publishing Betazoids
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 02:37 AM

Show brand, lol, That's what I thought. I'll do a bit more modern one.

#95 InFeri

InFeri

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:Graphics (ofcourse :P), listening to music, relaxing and playing drums with my band :)

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:28 AM

Posted Image

How come I can't see Nothingman's entries?

Edited by InFeri, 08 September 2006 - 01:13 PM.

#96 NothingMan

NothingMan

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image

How come I can't see Nothingman's entries?

If youre using firefox maybe you blocked images from photobucket....

Another idea...

Posted Image

The one I did before with other fonts and cart orientation...Posted Image

#97 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:09 PM

another logo
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Myoto, 08 September 2006 - 12:11 PM.

#98 mattyK

mattyK

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

Posted Image

Take my swoosh-cart will you :ph34r:

nicely done, InFeri too... I think I may sit this comp out for today at least, and I've decided not to enter my current ones, as I'm not happy with 2, and not quite sure about one (might still enter it)

#99 V31

V31

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:38 PM

This is my try.. logo is available at any size, star is available at any color as well. Hope you like it.
Posted Image

Logo comments:
Star as we are the best, star as we provide quality products/solutions..
star is also european union symbol :ph34r:

star can be used in icon, can differ different products/solutions, can announce different events/sales

and so on :D

Edited by V31, 08 September 2006 - 06:45 PM.

#100 Primal

Primal

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to this but what the hell I'll give it a go. The practice is always welcome I guess :ph34r:

Posted Image

Any feedbak would be most welcome. The have been some really nice entries so far. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users