• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

Hi im kinda new to PS and Imageready but i wana get good neway...
Can someone plzz giv me a quik tut on how to do da light shinging across text or wateva and by shing i mean like left to right light efect..
HOPE SUM1 CAN HELP ME

Thnx alot :blink:

#2 neoGFX

neoGFX

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:06 PM

Hi!

I think i can help you. And i see on your sig that i dont have to write down the animating procedure B) Some tweening or simple frame-by-frame also does what it should. I'm not writing a tut with masking, from this you can create it if you wanna.
So, here's what you can do with the text:

The image below contains all the steps with images with step numbers (hope u could use it):
Posted Image

(1) First type the text you need, Then create a rounded rectangle, and if you wish, rotate it somehow, like i did.

(2) Select your rectangle, go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian blur, -rasterize it- and apply the blur at a value about 5 pixels.

(3) Now change your rectangl'se blending mode. You have many chance, it depends on what you want to do, whats your background, text color, etc. On mine, i used Color Dodge. (on the layers palette, top, there is where you can change it)
As you see, if you move it over your text, it will seem like shining B) (but i say once more, the blending mode depends on the colors of your pic. it can be overlay, soft, hard light, hard mix, etc.)

(4) Now you have to animate it. I recommend image-ready, because it's PS integration. You should only move across the text your "light source". That's all :D

Cheerz,
neo

#3 syntex

syntex

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Photography, Music, My Band, Guitar and out of my mind experiences.

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:42 AM

OHH MUCH THANX BRO IT WORKED...

THNX!!! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users