13 replies to this topic

#1 shimano

shimano

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:41 PM

Right to begin ,I have never taken a screenshot, I have never found the need to yet. But now I have, I allways thought you pressed CTRL and printscreen ,then to open it in Photoshop it was press CTRL and V, is this correct, if so I cannot get it to work nothing happens ,could someone please explain, in simple terms what I am doing wrong, any Help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Edited by shimano, 05 January 2007 - 09:42 PM.

#2 curtisbanks

curtisbanks

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

Right to begin ,I have never taken a screenshot, I have never found the need to yet. But now I have, I allways thought you pressed CTRL and printscreen ,then to open it in Photoshop it was press CTRL and V, is this correct, if so I cannot get it to work nothing happens ,could someone please explain, in simple terms what I am doing wrong, any Help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Sounds right, Although I just press the print screen button on my keyboard and paste into photoshop

#3 falafelboy

falafelboy

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:09 AM

Thanks in advance.

I've had this problem sometimes. I've never really found a fix for it. Try and make sure that what you are trying to copy
is selected.

Otherwise, just use a program like ImageGrabber or Xnview. I know InterVideo WinDVD also takes screenshots if you are watching a video.

#4 albinoAZN

albinoAZN

Albinos Are Extinct!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:42 PM

I know that my keyboard has an "F Lock" key on it, and I have to turn on the Lock to take a screenshot.

#5 Spide®™

Spide®™

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

I never hered you could do it with CTRL + printscreen, i have always just pressed printscreen, then Windows key + R
type mspaint.exe then click ok or pres enter, once paint opens CTRL + v, that should work every time, never had any probs at all

Edited by spide®, 06 January 2007 - 06:21 PM.

#6 Mark

Mark

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:47 AM

If you are trying to take a screenshot of a video, it may not work, however there are fixes to this depending on what software you are using.

I saw somewhere, too, to press ALT + PRINT SCREEN, but I've never had this problem.

#7 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

normally: printscreen is full screen, and ctrl+printscreen = active window.

should work.

for more pro work: "snagIt", try the demo for few days on "tecsmith" site.

#8 LkuHomer

LkuHomer

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:09 PM

1. Print Screen
2. Ctrl + C
3. Open Paint
4. Ctrl + V

#9 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

All I've every had to do is:

Hit Print Scrn Key

Open program

C + V

Nothing else. Did you just try it with out Ctrl?

dEcade

#10 LkuHomer

LkuHomer

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

With mine, I have to copy the screen, Ctrl+C then paste it.

#11 Ben

Ben

P2L Jedi Master

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:45 AM

I know that my keyboard has an "F Lock" key on it, and I have to turn on the Lock to take a screenshot.

F-Lock is only for the F1-12 keys. The Printscreen button doesn't get affected by it.

As for your problem, you never have to press Ctrl with it, just press printscreen by itself, and paste it in Photoshop or some editing program.

Ben.

#12 bay

bay

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:35 AM

Thanks in advance.

You don't need any program to take a screenshot...

Just press Printscreen like you have and make sure you press Ctrl and V at the same time. My guess is that you are pressing Ctrl and then V which will not paste the image.

Or you can just go to Edit -> Paste, and that will work for sure.

#13 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

if u're on a laptop it may be different to a conventional pc... as on my gf's laptop i have to press F/Alt then hit Print Sc with the F button still pressed then just open paint or photoshop and paste it in there

#14 Jacorre

Jacorre

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, Internet, Graphic/Web Design, Music, Soccer

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

I have a tutorial on this if you want to check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users