#1 Archbob

Archbob

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

Hi,
I've elected to use Corel Draw/Photopaint over the traditional Photoshop, but the trouble is there is very little tutorials/help for corel. I need to know how to work with certain flood fill properties. Are there any good hub places for Corel Products?

I can't seem to find how to save as a .jpg or .gif with photopaint.

Edited by Archbob, 20 February 2007 - 10:10 PM.

#2 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

Hi,
I've elected to use Corel Draw/Photopaint over the traditional Photoshop, but the trouble is there is very little tutorials/help for corel. I need to know how to work with certain flood fill properties. Are there any good hub places for Corel Products?

I can't seem to find how to save as a .jpg or .gif with photopaint.

LOL! Funny you should say this... I don't use Photoshop either, I'm a 100% Photopaint guy and I recently wrote a tutorial on how to use the Fill options in every way. You can read it at http://www.pixel2lif...d_gradient_etc/

As for saving as GIF or JPG, click on FIle > Save As and in the save as menu, change the filetype from CPT to JPG or Gif.

You can find my complete list of published tutorials at http://www.pixel2lif...publish/user/2/ and I have additional tutorials listed at http://www.danrichar...-tutorial-list/ that I haven't moved to the publishing system.

Dan

#3 Jacorre

Jacorre

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, Internet, Graphic/Web Design, Music, Soccer

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:51 AM

I love to use Corel Draw and I have some tutorials on Corel Draw as well.

#4 Archbob

Archbob

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:06 PM

I love to use Corel Draw and I have some tutorials on Corel Draw as well.

I can't find all the options in photopaint, like how to make lines curves. I've been spoiled by the easy select and drag line feature in flash MX that just allows me to drag lines into curves. I'm feeling that photopaint is a bit clunky,

I'm looking for good ways to draw smiley icons using either photopaint or draw. I think photopaint is better for drawing small smiley icons but I haven't found a good way to do them yet.

#5 Jacorre

Jacorre

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:47 AM

I would think using Draw first to create the shapes you need would be easier. Then bring them into Photopaint to do whatever touch ups you need.

#6 Archbob

Archbob

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

Is there a way in draw to make the Canvas like 39 by 39 pixels?

#7 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

I dunno... I have no problems making smilies in Photopaint with the line tool :D

#8 Jacorre

Jacorre

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

Is there a way in draw to make the Canvas like 39 by 39 pixels?

Yeah when you start a new document you can define the dimensions of your document. I don't have Corel in front of me at the moment but I think it's page properties or document properties or something like that.

#9 Archbob

Archbob

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:51 AM

The main problem I have with photopaint is the fill. You have to group lines together into a triange object before you can fill just that triangle. Draw has the smart fill tool which I need. Plus I change find how to bend lines in photopaint.

I think whats hurting me the most is the lack of a large Corel forum/community. This forum is about the best I can find, and even here Corel users seem to be few and far between. Never had that problem with PHP development and I couldn't have done it without the PHP community online.

Edited by Archbob, 23 February 2007 - 11:53 AM.

#10 Jacorre

Jacorre

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:22 PM

There's always the Corel website and the documentation within the program itself. You can also buy some books on Corel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users