5 replies to this topic

#1 ivrytwr3

ivrytwr3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:13 AM

I have a question about swf files. I want to remove the text and sound from this file and then be able to run the file with my changes (no sound or text).

Is this possible? Can someone help me with this?

#2 bezz

bezz

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Flash, Snowboarding, Paintball, Learning Guitar

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:59 AM

Do you have the source .fla?
If not you could use Sothink swf decompiler to decompile the swf.
If you do have the .fla, just open it up in flash and edit the file.

#3 ivrytwr3

ivrytwr3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:45 AM

I appreciate the reply, but i have no knowledge of swf files. I came across this site during a search for help.

I am doing a presentation and would like to use this swf as part of it, but would like to remove the text so i can read this out to my audience.

Could you go into a little more detail on what i need to be doing to get the file how i need it?

#4 Pax

Pax

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:27 AM

Contact the creator of the file and ask them. Otherwise you are pretty much stealing someone else's work.

#5 ivrytwr3

ivrytwr3

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:08 AM

Contact the creator of the file and ask them. Otherwise you are pretty much stealing someone else's work.

Yes and i'm sure a major powerhouse will have the time or effort to split down the file how i want it.

I am keeping all the copyrights on the file and am not trying to pass it off as my own, i just want help in presenting it the way i want.

Anyway, i have took the tips from bezz and have been able to remove the stuff i need (thank you!) but i am left with a fla file. My laptop does not play this type of file, can i convert it back to .swf or is there a standalone proggy i could use for a fla file on my lappy?

Thank again guys, i'm getting there!!

#6 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:45 AM

Exactly, sorry we don't encourage ripping of other peoples work here so this topic is closed. Do as Pax suggests or learn to create the effect yourself or hire someone to do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users