#1 NetSkay

NetSkay

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Animation, 3D modeling / efects, Concept Art, Fantasy Art

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

hey guys, im a zBrush user and i encountered a problem, i went to zBrush central for help and they told me i could resolve the problem by flipping normals... i would like to know how can i flip normals for polygon/editable meshes or point me to a tutorial or something...
i use 3d studio max, but ill accept anything for cinema 4d too

thnx

#2 MetalSkin

MetalSkin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:26 PM

hey guys, im a zBrush user and i encountered a problem, i went to zBrush central for help and they told me i could resolve the problem by flipping normals... i would like to know how can i flip normals for polygon/editable meshes or point me to a tutorial or something...

thnx

G'day Hey mate,

Been a few years since I played with Maya and 3DStudio, but from memory the normal is the direction in which the face points. Flipping the normal just changes the direction of the face of the polygon. Now I know I have done this before and from memory it was before I merged to objects, just can't rememebr why I did it. a quick google found heaps of tutorials. Try using the this link.

#3 NetSkay

NetSkay

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:00 AM

thnx

G'day Hey mate,

Been a few years since I played with Maya and 3DStudio, but from memory the normal is the direction in which the face points. Flipping the normal just changes the direction of the face of the polygon. Now I know I have done this before and from memory it was before I merged to objects, just can't rememebr why I did it. a quick google found heaps of tutorials. Try using the this link.

no man cant find anything, the real deal is that i generated a city in cinema 4D with citygen plugin, and i exported 3ds format and imported into 3dsm for some additional refinement, anyway, the mesh is a polygon mesh; NOT spline NOT editable mesh... POLYGON MESH, i dont see any options for flipping normals man... ugh ill try looking through the documentation but the google search u gave me sint much help

thnx anyway

#4 NetSkay

NetSkay

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:03 AM

thnx

G'day Hey mate,

sorry for the second post, i found it man thnx... it was in teh documentation that 3dsm 9 came with... argg should have looked at the docs first before posting questions like that hogging the forum :D

#5 MetalSkin

MetalSkin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:20 AM

sorry for the second post, i found it man thnx... it was in teh documentation that 3dsm 9 came with... argg should have looked at the docs first before posting questions like that hogging the forum :D

She's right mate, I'm glad you found a solution. You should post what the answer is incase someone comes across your post in trying to answer the same question :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users