8 replies to this topic

#1 Clonix

Clonix

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

Photoshop has always worked as it's supposed to. But when I recently opened it it wouldn't let me choose any red color. Where red usually was on the color chooser there is now orange. And when I eventually find red and try it, it's orange in the document. What can I do to get the red back? Any ideas?

#2 MetalSkin

MetalSkin

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:17 PM

I'm just guessing but what colour model have you created the image with? Can you show some screen shots, may give us some hints as to what is occurring.

#3 Clonix

Clonix

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:42 AM

I'll get screenshots soon, not at home on that computer now. But I have discovered that the hex code is for red, but it shows orange. Where the hex code is FF0000 when I have H marked all up in the corner the color is more like #f14e2d if I don't remember totally wrong. It's something like that. And the proof setup was on Working CMYK, just like it is on my laptop now. And it works on my laptop.

Also it was first on CS2, but then I got CS3 and it was the same problem on both of them.

#4 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:01 AM

Try to set the color mode to screen RGB, turn proof colors of and make sure your document is RGB.
#FF0000 is the hex for maxed out screen RGB red yes.

#5 Clonix

Clonix

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 03:54 PM

Try to set the color mode to screen RGB, turn proof colors of and make sure your document is RGB.
#FF0000 is the hex for maxed out screen RGB red yes.

Didn't work. Maybe I should just try to uninstall both CS2 and CS3 and try to re-install CS3. Think that might help?

#6 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

before you reinstall, try to go to. C:\Documents and Settings\(user name)\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Adobe Photoshop CS3 settings and delete the files "Color Settings.csf" and "Adobe Photoshop CS3 Prefs.psp".
These files are rewritten by the PS exe at exit, i had the settings file corrupted a couple of days ago myself but not in the way you describe, the fix may be the same though.
You need to have hidden folders visible to enter the Application data folder.

#7 WALNUT

WALNUT

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:08 PM

start a new image and change the colour balance to RGB on main settup, you have the colours as what they should appear to be if u print them

#8 Valvados

Valvados

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 04:07 PM

I have a simalar problem how ever when I save the document and view it in a different program e.g. windows picture viewer it is actually red... but when using photoshop it appears as orange.. which is kinda hard to work with. i tried deleting those 2 files but that did not fix the problem. -adds Now I notice since I deleted those 2 files I am missing a crap load of the formats taht you can usual save a document as jpeg, png, ect. all the web formats and more are now missing... please help

Edited by Valvados, 29 December 2007 - 04:39 PM.

#9 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 05:42 PM

if you go to Edit > Color Settings,,
what exacly are your settings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users