Photo

P2L is proud to announce the release of the 4th version upgrade of the site!

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#81 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 05:54 AM

feedback from me...
the new des are a big sh!t
what bring many user the search funktion to search on 50sites to dont finde this one what the are want? to see 1000times the indent tutorial on differenz searchwords?
the old menu was 10000times better thats this one
p2l was on of my favorit search engine for tuts but not more
on the old was be better for all search funktion and the dropdown menu
a site for tuts or some information mus be have a structure and mus be usable not what it is at the moment

Sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say. You can still filter your results by category, just click on the proper category on the search result page. I *think* this is what you are complaining about.

:P

1000times the indent tutorial on differenz searchwords?

:blink:

No idea what you're saying there... I personally think you just missed the entire concept of using the new "Found In" functionality.

#82 Canen Art

Canen Art

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Interests:I love taking photos of nature. That includes everything from the little bugs and animals all the way to natures beautiful landscapes.

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:01 AM

I just had to say, I love the way P2L looks when I stop in now. :P

Best Regards,

Jason :blink:

#83 Flanders

Flanders

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:web design, graphic design, photography, philosophy, politics, myst, the sims, maple story

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:17 AM

I like the clean look overall, but may I make a suggestion?

In regards to the advertisements listed within the tutorial search results, could those perhaps have a different background tint? I browse a lot by thumbnail, and I find myself clicking on ads by accident quite often...maybe it could be set up like Google's sponsored search, where the have the blue background behind their paid advertising?

Just an idea...I'm not sure if the ads on here are based on a click-through rate, and I'd hate to be taking away from someone's business because everything melds together so much.

I definetly agree :P

Awesome :blink: Thanks for looking into these things...it's always nice when the designers actually respond to their users. ^^

#84 Flanders

Flanders

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:web design, graphic design, photography, philosophy, politics, myst, the sims, maple story

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:20 AM

feedback from me...
what bring many user the search funktion to search on 50sites to dont finde this one what the are want? to see 1000times the indent tutorial on differenz searchwords?
a site for tuts or some information mus be have a structure and mus be usable not what it is at the moment

Did anyone else understand that?

I like all of the 'Im gone for a week and this happens??' posts. :P

Not entirely. XP I think I understood the last line.

#85 bay

bay

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

feedback from me...

Did anyone else understand that?

I like all of the 'Im gone for a week and this happens??' posts. :P

Not entirely. XP I think I understood the last line.

O_O....he's saying that he liked the old functionality of the old dropdown menu where all the categories are listed and you clicked on it and saw the subcategories. He says the new dropdown menu makes the website harder to use.

I think he is saying this about the search feature:
When he uses the search feature he gets results from 50+ sites with no results that he wants though even when he tries different keywords.

-------
Seriously though, not everyone has the best english in the world guys - help them out. His comment about the search failure though is most likely the result of bad english.

#86 Kristopher

Kristopher

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign, coding, snowmobiling etc

Posted 16 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

I have been away for a while, things are looking good! Good job faken!

#87 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Guitar, Basketball

Posted 16 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

I like V4 very good job:)
Congrats guys.

#88 Parasco

Parasco

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:18 PM

Ok well, I just got to say; The best thing I loved and I mean LOVED about P2L was "COLOR"... now its slate gray... *eye sore* Also as stated in previous posts, the navigation menu needs to be fixed, first off, its not everyone that uses big-screens and small resolution so for those who dont, they dont even see half the menu nor can they select it. As for the V3 it was sleek; now it looks like a forum.

I understand and can see that a lot of work was put into the new design so cheers to the developers on their hard work.

*tips hat*
Chris

#89 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Ok well, I just got to say; The best thing I loved and I mean LOVED about P2L was "COLOR"... now its slate gray... *eye sore* Also as stated in previous posts, the navigation menu needs to be fixed, first off, its not everyone that uses big-screens and small resolution so for those who dont, they dont even see half the menu nor can they select it. As for the V3 it was sleek; now it looks like a forum.

I understand and can see that a lot of work was put into the new design so cheers to the developers on their hard work.

*tips hat*
Chris

Hi Chris :(

Do a refresh and check the menu... the lower catgeories should now open up upwards so you should be able to see the entire menu on the top fold now.

Dan

#90 tomos

tomos

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

Congrats on the new look, I like it alot

#91 scientifix94

scientifix94

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:41 AM

I like the clean look overall, but may I make a suggestion?

In regards to the advertisements listed within the tutorial search results, could those perhaps have a different background tint? I browse a lot by thumbnail, and I find myself clicking on ads by accident quite often...maybe it could be set up like Google's sponsored search, where the have the blue background behind their paid advertising?

Just an idea...I'm not sure if the ads on here are based on a click-through rate, and I'd hate to be taking away from someone's business because everything melds together so much.

I definetly agree :(

Awesome B) Thanks for looking into these things...it's always nice when the designers actually respond to their users. ^^

lol! I am not a pixel2life designer;)

#92 MikeWilson

MikeWilson

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Art in all of itself.

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:02 PM

That Featured tutorial should stand out more, i've been checking the website every couple days and thinking there no new tutorials because the Glass Apple one is still at the top. Later to realise I'm a moron. But please, make its' background darker or bigger or something.

#93 curthard89

curthard89

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:27 AM

guys....

i think the new look looks s**t lol, really, i hate it, but it doesnt turn me away from the community tho :D

Edited by curthard89, 20 July 2007 - 07:55 AM.

#94 Wilco

Wilco

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:58 AM

I just don't like the way the sub-categories are displayed, and I think the site is now rather messy, if I compare it to the older version. I think you should separate the different things (I can't find a good English word for it) like 'Tutorials', 'Newsletters' and 'Sponsor partners' to make it more clear.

#95 lysol

lysol

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:42 AM

Great job guys. Everything loads up faster!

#96 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:12 AM

I just don't like the way the sub-categories are displayed, and I think the site is now rather messy, if I compare it to the older version. I think you should separate the different things (I can't find a good English word for it) like 'Tutorials', 'Newsletters' and 'Sponsor partners' to make it more clear.

Those headers are already there? :D Each section is clearly labelled with a large text header...

Dan

#97 Tirus

Tirus

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Music, Martial Arts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned since I haven't read every post in this thread, but I do miss the button where I can check the last two threads I posted in from the home page. When I used to check P2L rather briefly, I would just hit that button, see if anyone posted in the thread following my post, and if so, check it out. Now, I need to either sort through the New Posts, or go to my profile, click on posts and go from there. Is this function still here and I'm just missing it, or has it been removed in the update?

#98 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 23 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

Just an idea, have the category browser and stuff on the forums, so its easier to look for tutorials from here.

#99 Bug

Bug

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 01:33 AM

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned since I haven't read every post in this thread, but I do miss the button where I can check the last two threads I posted in from the home page. When I used to check P2L rather briefly, I would just hit that button, see if anyone posted in the thread following my post, and if so, check it out. Now, I need to either sort through the New Posts, or go to my profile, click on posts and go from there. Is this function still here and I'm just missing it, or has it been removed in the update?

That's actually one thing I deerly miss as well. I was going to post up this complaint but yeah... I guess I didn't :biggrin:

Having this back IS a requirement! I used it for the exact same purposes as Tirus did... I just basically started my way through the two topics displayed on the frontpage, and then hit the New Posts link to look at the rest :(

#100 Wilco

Wilco

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:42 AM

Those headers are already there? :( Each section is clearly labelled with a large text header...

Dan

It was my first impression, when I now look at the site, it's quite clear, but at first I didn't really notice them and it seemed a bit messy.
Now I'm a bit used to it, but if I visited the site for the very first time (without having seen the older layout), I don't think I would find my way as easy as I did with the other layout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users