• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lastcrime

Lastcrime

Impatient Jedi that likes to eat cereal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Snowboarding, Hockey, B-ball, Skateboarding, Computers!

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

so id like to start doing some 3d stuff, and im wondering what the best program is?

#2 _*Creative Insanity_*

_*Creative Insanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:53 AM

Maya by far in my books.
The layout is not as nice as Max, but the features and rendering in Maya is awesome. Layers in Maya are a god send.
I would say buy Maya if your pennies can go that far.

#3 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:24 PM

well personnaly since I do own maya I must say maya lol... it has the biggest veriaty of features and you have all the tools needed without plug-ins... and I personaly love the layout alot more then 3Ds Max... much more simple and easy to understand.... but if price is an issue well C4D would be your best bet.... unless your a student then your looking at a very cheap price for maya unlimited around 400$

Edited by lilman, 13 September 2007 - 04:32 PM.

#4 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

they lie !!!!!!!!!

#5 SebLev

SebLev

Forum Whore is what I am today!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

If we lie then tell use the advantages of C4D? ... and to be honest we can't tell yo uwhat program to like... because everyone has they own tast and setup.... and it ends up I like maya... not only that it is a much more powerful tool... because it's not just modeling and animation... you also have the cloth/hair/fur/liquid feature and also the dynamics and pain effects features are very useful...

#6 1979

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

I agree with lilman; no one can really tell you what program is the best. Like myself I liked 3dSM at first but that was the only program I had at the time. It was a little difficult to work with (for me). Then I got into Cinema 4d (Studio Bundle) and it seemed easier than 3DSM and now I am dabbling in Maya 3D. I use all three for different things. I use C4D more for vehicles and landscapes and use M3D more for people and animals and use 3DSM more for buildings (plus Google SketchUp) and for the animation part of it all. \
So to be honest, your best bet is to download a trial of the programs you are thinking about and try it out for yourself. Now for tutorials purposes C4D is a little harder to find in depth tuts. M3D and 3DSM have a lot of tuts out there and well in depth. So depth they show how to set everything up from the sketching your project to using it as a reference image within the programs and how to follow the image for designing (basically tracing the image with the polygons and nurbs).
So just try the demo and see which is better for you. Every person is different.

#7 CrazedLlama

CrazedLlama

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Music, Guitar, Basketball

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

I use C4d.
Its less Complex and good for beginners.
Im sure when i become better ill try somthing like AutoCad or 3dsMax.

#8 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

there is no best 3d app.

You have to find the one you fit into and prefer using.

If your looking for 1 to try please see the stick in this section.

(closed)

* sry to appear like a sharp closure, but this will just turn into fanboy flaming of each app, it seriously is best you try out a few of the apps in the "3d app list" and see which you prefer for yourself!

Edited by SHIVMOO, 09 November 2007 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users