• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HistoryGirl

HistoryGirl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Web design/surfing, attempting to learn photoshop, British and European history and archaeology, good coffee

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:32 PM

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but this seems the best place so apologises if its in the wrong forum.

Anyway I went to the British Museum and took some photos with a digital camera a couple of them have the glare from the flash visible on them. I was wondering if there was a way of removing this in photoshop?

As shown here:

Attached Files

#2 Dilfill

Dilfill

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:PHOTOSHOP!

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:07 PM

Yes there is a way ise the Clone Tool copy and paste the texture thats what I would do!

#3 HistoryGirl

HistoryGirl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Web design/surfing, attempting to learn photoshop, British and European history and archaeology, good coffee

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've never used that particular tool could you please explain it in more detail? Is there of just removing it without affecting the picture?

#4 l3lueMage

l3lueMage

Wanna Be Moderator

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

May I ask what that is a picture of? I have seen it before but not quite sure what it is xD and what museum it's in :(

#5 damir_zg

damir_zg

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:21 AM

theres no easy way of doing it
you cant just make it disappear
and to remove it with clone tool you need skills

#6 Archangel

Archangel

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Interests:Reading (mainly fantasy books), Gaming (Xbox 360, Wii & PS3), Sports, Outdoor Recreation, Watching/Collecting Movies

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:40 AM

Essentially you place the clone tool on a different part of the photo and hold (alt for windows...apple for macs I believe) and click. This sets the "source". Now you place the cursor where where you want to paint and start painting...you'll notice that what it does is to "clone" of duplicate the source to where you are now painting.

Cloning so you can't notice something has been cloned definitely takes some finesse but this is what you would want to do.

#7 HistoryGirl

HistoryGirl

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:45 AM

May I ask what that is a picture of? I have seen it before but not quite sure what it is xD and what museum it's in :P

Its the Rosetta Stone from the British Museum

Sorry for being a dummy but is there a definitive tutorial to show how to use the cloning tool, because I don't want to completely screw up the picture. I appreciate the help guys.

#8 VenomGraphics

VenomGraphics

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:55 PM

May I ask what that is a picture of? I have seen it before but not quite sure what it is xD and what museum it's in ^_^

Its the Rosetta Stone from the British Museum

Sorry for being a dummy but is there a definitive tutorial to show how to use the cloning tool, because I don't want to completely screw up the picture. I appreciate the help guys.

It's basically like what Archangel said. There's really no more too it. You just have to have a good bit of patience when working with it.

A simpler version:

- Hold down Alt[Windows], Option[Macs].
- Find a place near your glare, but not too close, and click, while holding Alt/Option.
- Brush as you would with any other brush.

I'd recommend starting somewhere close to where the glare is, so that it'll be a bit less noticeable.

Here's a tutorial on how to use it [It's a video, so you can see it at work]: http://www.tutorials...lone_stamp.html

#9 Scythar

Scythar

Honored X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:53 AM

the trick is to do it little by mlittle, alt-clicking many times at different places, and restarting every time you still see difference, till all is same.
usually you'll still have to touch it up though.

plz, make a copy of the photo, cos this method is rather destructive...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users