• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Client Management, Web Hosting, Tutorial Writing

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:40 AM

Well, I have heard it mentioned throughout the forum, but we need somewhere so it can always be seen and possibly even done!

I think this puts it into good words:

SPELL CHECKER

I mean, lately you have to agree that some of the things people are posting, even after reading then five times you can't understand...

Now, the Spell Checker should not be optional in my mind but should be ran every time the user posts something and they cannot leave until everything is corrected... I know I am exaggerating it a tad, but I just can't stand the things like

whts ^ wit U, tat gr8 n i rly like u

I think its pressing on Donna's nerves a little too, not sure, but see has shown some tension :P.

#2 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:50 AM

ppl who spel like dis wont use it, as its nt in thre nture 2 do it

#3 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:Web Design, Programming, Client Management, Web Hosting, Tutorial Writing

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:06 PM

Reason why I said that it should be run when something is posted and they can't post it until every word is spell checked and there will be no ignore button =p.

#4 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:10 PM

ppl who spel like dis wont use it, as its nt in thre nture 2 do it

lol thats so true

Good idea Spooky but they won't use it, am just ignoring people who post like that

#5 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:53 PM

Well, you could atleast do things in the like censored area of the IPB ACP and do like gr8 = great and u = you, and just have it auto-change a few things like that so its atleast a tad easier on us =p.

#6 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:07 PM

Well, you could atleast do things in the like censored area of the IPB ACP and do like gr8 = great and u = you, and just have it auto-change a few things like that so its atleast a tad easier on us =p.

Do a list Spooky and send to me please, forgot about the word filters.

#7 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:21 PM

we have processing and memory usage levels to worry about you know :)

an auto script would also be VERY annoying, especailly if it wouldn't let you post until you spelt something correctly, and would use up more resources than its worth

#8 Spooky

Spooky

Rooster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:16 PM

lol, processing an memory usage levels? huh? :)

yea, the filter would be easier than an auto-script...

I think you should have a post or something where people can submit them for review, because I don't know all of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users