2 replies to this topic

#1 Phazon Eater

Phazon Eater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

Over the past few days, I've been reslicing and recoding my site layout over and over in hopes of fixing these problems. However, none of my attempts have succeeded.

http://www.phazongra...co.uk/index.php

Notice how everything is all stretched out at the top becuase of the content box being stretched. Depending on what browser you are using, there is either a huge gap between the tutorial button and the bar to the right of it, in addition to a gap in the other expanding bar, or there are a whole bunch of gaps between the different buttons and a huge gap in the middle of that bar beneath them.

I'm trying to fix the site so that the buttons will stay in the middle, while the sides expand. I also want the bar beneath the buttons to expand all the way.

Another problem I'm having is with vertical expansion. Look at the navigation menus to the left and right. Notice that space in between the nav headers and the nav menu. I'm trying to get rid of that space. (If you are using FireFox, you may or may not see those spaces).

Anything at all that you can help with regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated. I'll give whoever helps me out a mention in the contributers section of the site, once I get that done. Thanks! :D

#2 ludwigw

ludwigw

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Designer at Lee ter Wal.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

Try using a new table for every box. Like Content has its one table, so does Navigation etc.
Make a table 3® 1©

In the 1st and 3rd ®s add a table 1® 3© Then work from there :D
And split the middle ® into 3 ©

How do I mine and how I make sure it can strech either way.

#3 Phazon Eater

Phazon Eater

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:37 PM

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users