• 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:41 AM

The Problem is usually with these files

1.Flash9b.ocx

2.Flash9c.ocx

3.Flash9d.ocx

4.Flash9e.ocx

5. Fldbg9.ocx

What exactly is the difference between Flash.ocx and these?

When the above mentioned files do not register properly, what do we do?

I have tried Uninstalling Flash Player Completely and then installed it again, but it still doesn't work...!

Flash installs normally, but when a try to run a game that works completely on Flash, I get the error message that one of the above mentioned components failed to register etc.. T_T

Here are a few methods that I found by googling, but do they really solve the problem?

1. Start Menu-->Run-->

regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS|SYSTEM32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9d.ocx

2. Delete this Registry Entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions Name: 9.0

3. Check if COMDLG32.OCX is present in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder

4. Uninstall Flash Player, Reinstall it and try to Run the Program, if you still get the Error, then visit this folder: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\

and then run the file with Flashutil in its name. Ex. NPSWF32_FlashUtil or FlashUtil9f etc..

Which of the above methods is the correct method to make sure that all the ocx files are registered?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Vista does not have the Macromed\Flash folder in the system32 folder. What do we do now? Where can we find the flashutil file in it?

Is the method different in case of Vista? If so, then can anyone explain?

Can someone with experience help with this and also give the correct method in case of the above missing files and how to register them correctly in a single step for both Vista as well as older versions of Windows?

Thanks in Advance :angrylooking:

PS: I did try to search in the forums for Fldbg9.ocx and Flash9d.ocx but there were no search results, so I posted here....I am not sure whether this Forum is for any question regardin Flash or just Actionscript, so I apologize for the inconvenience caused if I posted in the Wrong Forum...

~ Prince Ahsrah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users