4 replies to this topic

#1 ChrilleDille

ChrilleDille

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:35 PM

The topic pretty much speaks for itself. I'd like to know if it's possible to view my own rejected tutorials and other sites rejected tutorials. This could improve the quality of upcoming tutorials in a brutal way, since people can see what gets rejected and not - and of course study the errors of those tutorials.

BTW
In your FAQ section, the "most popular searches" returns an 404 error, better look it up.

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:52 AM

You cannot view rejected tutorials and the majority are rejected are for numerous reasons:-

repeated tutorials
or stolen from other sites
or their websites are warez and Pixel2Life does not promote illegal websites.
Invalid Movie Format or Player
All code
Broken Links
Browser Incompatibility
Dead Link
Image Problems
Invalid Avatar
Inappropriate Language or Images
Login Required
Missing Steps
No Illustrations
Not a Tutorial - Spam or advertizing
Not relevant to the category
Not the desired effect
Paid Software

the list goes on and on as to why they get rejected and Faken is pretty spot on in what he rejects, if he does miss a few I'll pick them up or a member will. So ask yourself why would we promote something thats no good in the first place? If you leave your email when submitting a tutorial you'll receive a reply as to why if your site is permantly banned then we leave a message up for you to contact us.

BTW
In your FAQ section, the "most popular searches" returns an 404 error, better look it up.

Thankyou someone will look into that.

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 08:28 PM

The topic pretty much speaks for itself. I'd like to know if it's possible to view my own rejected tutorials and other sites rejected tutorials. This could improve the quality of upcoming tutorials in a brutal way, since people can see what gets rejected and not - and of course study the errors of those tutorials.

BTW

We used to have this, but an overwhelming amount of website owners did not like this feature so it was removed. Can you post a link to the FAQ section with the error? I can't find it lol!

Dan

#4 ChrilleDille

ChrilleDille

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:49 AM

http://www.pixel2lif...?showtopic=5436

There ya go.

Dan, is it possible to provide me with my rejected tutorials then? A list of my rejected ones, the thing is that I pay people to write content for me and I need to prove somehow that it didn't get accepted into P2L, otherwise they must have to submit their written tutorials another time for themselves to P2L which isn't efficient in my book, for you nor me.

Can you suggest any good way that I can prove to them that you did decline or accept their tutorials, otherwise they might think I am cheating...or resubmitting it all over again. Don't ask me why I need to prove it.

Regards

#5 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:24 PM

When you submit tutorials, be sure to enter your email address ont he submission form and you will receive an email for every tutorial that is rejected along with a reason why :) You can just forward that on. PM me your sourcesite and I can see if I can look up previously rejected tutorials. But you definitely want to sign up for the emails, sometimes it's rejected for a missing image or a broken link or something, not necessarily because the tutorial was sub-par or already covered extensively.

And thanks for the heads up on the busted link :)

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users