Photo

Would You Buy A Template Of The P2l V1 Layout?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

In order to raise some additional funds, I'm thinking of selling a sliced up basic template of the original P2L version 1 layout that this new version 2 has replaced. Basically you would get the source images and a coded template page. There would be zero actual content.

I would ask something like $30 per download. Would anyone here be interested in purchasing a copy? Post any comments or questions here or PM me.

Thanks!

Faken

#2 TwyLight

TwyLight

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:07 PM

i think you can only sell it to 1 person becouse i myself wouldnt like it if i bought a $30 layout, and see someone else have a site with the same layout.

#3 adam123

adam123

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Programming and stuff.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:09 PM

i think you can only sell it to 1 person becouse i myself wouldnt like it if i bought a $30 layout, and see someone else have a site with the same layout.

Nah, unique templates go for a hell of a lot more than $30.

#4 xreasontoblame

xreasontoblame

Jedi In Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Metal

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:25 PM

charge more ;)

it was a very nice techy template, just a different style, but I liked it alot!

#5 Blitz

Blitz

Jedi In Training

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Php, html, css, etc, band, trumpet, anime, my dog, TV, computers, video games, sleeping, marching band, sleeping, jazz, sleeping, metal, sleeping, classic rock, sleeping, music, jazz band, did I mention sleeping?, kicking the hell out of kids that won't take the time to spell or use proper grammar, my website, etc.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:46 PM

It is probably worth a hell lot more, but the point isn't to make a living, it's to make a bit of extra cash. And you don't want it to cost too much, because then no one would buy it.

#6 dEcade

dEcade

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Programming, Storm Chasing, Games (Designing and playing), Hockey, Photography

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:53 PM

omg!! You guys a comlimenting it by saying it is worth more when you could by a great template like that for way less than what you think it should be, to me that sounds like a good deal.

(I still like making my templates ;) )

dEcade

#7 JamesPickens

JamesPickens

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:59 PM

i would Charge a bit more. and sell it Uniquely.

Although charing per download would make more, not many would download for fact it wouldnt be a original. others can have it.

#8 TMZHosting LLC

TMZHosting LLC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:08 PM

i would like to buy it but i dont want other people using it if you know what i mean

#9 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 06:24 PM

i would like to buy it but i dont want other people using it if you know what i mean

If someone wants to buy it exclusively and have the rights to it, you're more than welcome to PM me an offer. As it stands, I have yet to sell it or give it to anyone, so exclusivity is certainly available.

When you buy a template from templatemonster or other site like that, the templates are about $50+ for a COPY. If you want the download removed, then you to pay the exclusive fee and it's something like $700+

Faken

#10 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:29 PM

$30 is a great price but if I was you and sold it for $30 I'd insist the copyrights remain on the template and add another price to have the copyrights removed, say $200 for copyright removal.

$1800 once only price, $700 is way too cheap, I mean look at how many wanted to have it before when it was up B)

#11 TMZHosting LLC

TMZHosting LLC

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

yea thats true

#12 eVoGre3n

eVoGre3n

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:29 PM

Well, personally it doesnt fit my needs, so I wouldnt buy it for any money regardless of once only, or just a copy.

But for anyone who is interested, I agree with the admins, anywhere from $1000-1500 for a unique copy of the template, and it wont be reused by anyone ever again.

For a copy, id price it around $40-50.

I think you would make more money pretty quick putting up sale for copies and not exclusive rights, all you need is 30 people to buy it before it makes up its price and I think lots of people would buy it.

Thats my 2 cents B)

#13 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:56 PM

you should sell it and maybe some other ones also. make enough money off of them and maybe one day be able to have an add free site. cause i personally dont like ads and i dont think many do. just an idea.

#14 _*Joel@JHD_*

_*Joel@JHD_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

hate the new design honestly, loved the old

#15 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 09:16 PM

hate the new design honestly, loved the old

can't please everyone

but please refrain from comments like this without any constructive terms in them

#16 Lexxer

Lexxer

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

I love the new layout, it loads faster and has more color to it...more pleasing to the eye how could you hate it?

#17 Griffin

Griffin

P2L Staff

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:Things I find interesting.

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:20 PM

Both templates were great, and well designed. Just depends on what people prefer or are more used to. I think if you dont really care for the new layout you should be able to say so but in a constructive way like Jay said, ive been seeing a few of these pointless negative comments that dont help anyone.

Personally I liked both the layouts. And if you are going to sell the first one I think you should offer both options, sell regular copies for like $50 and then when someone wants to buy a "unique" version for $1200+ the template will stop being sold, so it would benefit someone more to just buy the unique version first before too many copies got out.

#18 designkai

designkai

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:20 AM

that would slightly defy the purpose, your payin heaps to have it yours only, once there is another person using it, its not yours only, so you may aswell pay $30 and save yourself like $1000. You should have for sale the copyrighted version for $30 and then have a non copyrighted version for $60

#19 Bengo

Bengo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art, Graphic Design, Web Design

Posted 06 May 2005 - 07:48 AM

Too much money, and if you want, you yourself should make layouts for the people to buy. Because just one being sold is somehow weird in a way. If you want maybe my friend and I can make you a layout, but anyway yeah. Maybe raise the price down a bit by $10 or $15, and make some more layouts.

#20 /quit

/quit

P2L Che

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:32 AM

If it came with the forum system I think I would buy it in a second. You should just sell it to a few people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users