HTML in Photoshop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _*oochie_*

_*oochie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:36 PM

Is there a way to change the width and height to percentages instead of a certain number in Photoshop? I have fiddled with the settings in the "Save for Web..." screen but with no luck. :/ Hopefully I am overlooking something. Or would it be easier to use Dreamweaver?

#2 _*FaultySanity_*

_*FaultySanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:01 PM

If your talking about pics:

Image > Image size and drop down the 2 boxes that say "pixels" to "percents"

#3 _*oochie_*

_*oochie_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2004 - 11:29 PM

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I am talking about. When I save my layout for the web, I want the banner to fill the browser the top part of the screen 100%, not just like 600 pixels because it looks different at different resolutions. When I change the width and/or height to 100%, it screws up the rest of the layout. Any suggestions or ideas?

#4 _*sEVEn_*

_*sEVEn_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:19 AM

look up "tiling" html under the tutorials :).. i do it in dreamweaver tho... so if you use that look up "tiling dreamweaver"

***EDIT***

nothing came up....

anyhow what you are referring to is tiling... we need to find a tut for this i theenk brb

liiike you set it as the background image inside a frame and it will tile (stretch to the size the page stretches)..

can anyone else explain it better? I'm running on no sleeps here... goodnight and i'll check this thread later! =]

#5 _*oochie_*

_*oochie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:21 PM

Hmmm...if you're talking about making the slice into a background image of the cell, I know all that jazz. But when I change the width and height to a percentage, it screws it up. It takes to long to figure out the percentages for the whole layout. I was wondering if there was a simple way to do it. I would think since they have where you can put quotes and change several things in the HTML code that Photoshop puts out, they would have where you can change the pixels/percentages, but Dreamweaver will probably be the way to go. However, if that's not what you're talking about, explain when you get back. :) Thanks for the reply.

#6 _*FaultySanity_*

_*FaultySanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:24 PM

Yeah, i know what your talking about...but i have been wondering the same thing. (sites like www.shiver7.com)

#7 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:54 PM

Holy hell.. I have no idea wtf ppl are talking about lol! Shiver7's header is two diff swfs... they created the left side and right side, then created a table with 1 row two columns. The column on the left has one swf (fancy image with SHIVER7 in it) aligned left, then the right column has the second swf (Moving sparkles and top part of the nav) aligned left. Then the table itself has that gradient (http://www.shiver7.c...s/shiver_02.gif) set as the bakground. So that way the whole header stretches accross the whole screen no matter what resolution.

Then under that there's another row or table with the shiver 7 v1.0 text, the newsletter subscribe box and another little section of that right side nav.

Then under all that there is another table with 3 columns for the left and right nav sections and a middle column for content. The right column has another swf in there to complete the nav (Forum, store, IRC Chat etc....)

This is all done in the coding of the site, not via Photoshop.

make sense or did I completely miss the concept??

Faken

#8 _*oochie_*

_*oochie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:03 PM

Completely missed my question... :/

#9 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:07 PM

Completely missed my question... :/

I don't think so oochie... you can't tell the image to stretch percentage wise. Could you imagine what that would do to your images? You have to slice up your images properly and code them into your tables (in dreamweaver or whatever you use) in a way that they look well when stretched. Like what I said about Shiver7. It would probably be a lot easier to show us a sample of this page you're doing so we can see what you're talking about.

But as it stands, you don't want to images to stretch, you want them to fit properly when the table size is stretched due to different resolutions.

Faken

#10 _*oochie_*

_*oochie_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

Okay...I read your post again and it made sense. Looked like jibberish the first I read it. :) I understand the the gist of what you are saying...I'll work with it later and maybe post it. I like looking like an idiot here than somewhere else! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users