44 replies to this topic

#21 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

lol,, i see them now... was going blind.. i looked in the earlyer pics :)...
i really like the wear and tear look of it :)
my plane is about half done.. ish... plus i have to texture it... or will try to :P

#22 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:06 AM

post us some pics of what you got so far if you can;)

#23 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:21 AM

here you go.... i have missed bits and pieces out along the way.. so i can do a sweep over it later and add all the fiddly bits.... looking sooo forward to fiddly bits.. (sarcasm :P )

Posted Image

i am just starting the back cockpits... they are going to be tricky...
took ages on the jets because i was trying t ofind the best way to get the shape i wanted.. and it took ages to get a nice clean shape....

#24 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:21 AM

lookin very nice!

#25 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:31 AM

lovin it so far :) looking forward to seeing that one finished, keep us updated mate :P

#26 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:10 PM

i have done some more and i have posted in in the gallery... hopefully some poeple will read it and come here through the link.....

i think i am also going to add a link under my sig..
i think ime going to use bodypaint to do a pass over my fighter and then use photoshop for scratches ect.... i hope it works....

hows your ship coming along stu... is it complete now??

#27 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

i dont have the model with me at the moment, ill be finishing it off hopefully tomorrow. not liking the look of it now, im getting rid of the legs and the bottom bit and putting some skees(spelling?) on it instead, ill see how it goes, hopefully post some more shots tomorrow morning-ish.

cory you got anything done yet?

edit: wow, thats coming along, should be immense when its done. really impressive for something that complex ;) mines just all standard primitives and editable polys :D

:lol:

#28 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

lol... immense... thats a. well. immense word...

i like stuff i wont ever finish.. thats the problem... i keep thinking of stuff quiker than i can model and or sketch it... i have a notepad full of words and drawings of stuff i want to do... my drawing skills are bad.. and the only decent ish stuff i can draw without the aid of the pc and intense amounts of ctrl-z is manga heads......

i should be able to finish this 1 tho, allot of the texturing is done and the model is really close to finish, just need to finish the texturing go over it with photoshop, fiddle with the material settings and maybe make a scene... PHEW that dont sound like much ;)

CORY WHERE IS THOU MODEL...

good luck all!!

#29 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:18 PM

ye i got something not to much compaired to what u guys got. im runnin in to some problems thats why its taking me a while ill post what i got so far.

Back View:
Posted Image

Front View:
Posted Image

runnin in to some problems with those 4 curved wings. i got a good i dea what i wanna do with em its just not happening to easily.

#30 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:20 PM

what are you trying to do with them?

#31 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

well i want em to come in and bend smooth and be more rounded. but when i try to get em to move it they look really bad. i just gotta mess with em more. which is what imma bout to start doin. gonna go grab a coke float and get started lol.

#32 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

are you using Max? have a look at then 'bend' and 'smooth' modifiers..

first apply a bend modiefier and play around with the gizmo till you get it right, then apply a smooth modifier and crank up the iterations to 1 or 2, or better off keeping it at zero if it looks ok. might get what your looking for, would be a bit easier than playing around with vertexs' and all that as well...

#33 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

ye im using max. only problem with that is my whole ship is one object how do i break it apart so i can only aply the bend to that one part and not the whole plane?

#34 Stu

Stu

Retired P2L Staff

• Publishing Betazoids
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:33 PM

ah, is it editable poly yeh? i guess one way you could do it is select all the faces on the wings through the editbale poly rollout and then find the detach button, then just rename it wing1 or something. select it and bend away. careful though, make sure you select all the right faces.

that might cause a problem when you add smooth modifier to it though cus youll have little gaps where there is no ajoining face.

i cant think off the top of my head atm im tired, if you figure it out let me know, if not ill have a look tomorrow when i have max in front of me.

#35 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

ye its a editable poly. but o well. imma actually try something else like a dif style model maybe cartoonish. something smoother and better lookin. but thx for the help. ill post what i get in a while.

#36 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

ok well scrap my old idea and here is what i came up with. not as good as stu's but i think its decent.

Poly Count: 12,435

Front View:
Posted Image

Back View:
Posted Image

Max View:
Posted Image

dont really know what it is lol. some sort of trasport ship i guess. you would climb into the clear glass thing and then would be able to go into the side tubes. gas would be in the backs of the tubes. you can see where the engines would be on the back. also there is a little ramp lookin thing so you can get into it. Comments and Suggestions welcome.

#37 SHIVMOO

SHIVMOO

Honoured X Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:32 AM

awesome... its some kind of submersible.. !!
poeple enter through the ramp and then it closes and the sub lets poeple see the deap oceon, something like the top tank could be for liquid oxygen, and the other 2 are some kind of jets or sumthing :)

#38 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:10 PM

its a three way dance!

#39 alexames

alexames

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Webdesign / Graphics / Cars

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:39 PM

Well done all of you, im really liking this competition! :) :lol:

#40 CoryMathews

CoryMathews

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:53 PM

Well done all of you, im really liking this competition! :)  :lol:

agreed. even though stu wooped up on us. i think we should have more of these. any else for more of em? lol and ye mine does look kinda like a sub. never noticed that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users