9 replies to this topic

#1 RockBridge10

RockBridge10

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:28 PM

Hey I have seen this on here and here only, a post with a google ad. How do you do this I think it is amazingly unique and interesting. If it is a p2l trick that you don't want to share I understand completely, but if it is something everyone can do with google ads, please do share :)

thank you, rb

edit: well i'll be.. it did it right after I posted ;) :huh: :lol:

Edited by RockBridge10, 14 July 2005 - 07:28 PM.

#2 Blitz

Blitz

Jedi In Training

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Php, html, css, etc, band, trumpet, anime, my dog, TV, computers, video games, sleeping, marching band, sleeping, jazz, sleeping, metal, sleeping, classic rock, sleeping, music, jazz band, did I mention sleeping?, kicking the hell out of kids that won't take the time to spell or use proper grammar, my website, etc.

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:53 PM

Here's what a quick invisionize search yielded.

http://mods.invision...ndex.php/f/1351

On p2l the adsense ads appear right before the last post. Pretty good if everyone reads to the bottom of the page. Unless you're there's only one post, then they appear last.

#3 RockBridge10

RockBridge10

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:51 PM

ah you completely rock, your help is very appreciated man! cheers.

edit: it says Compatibility: Invision Power Board v1.3 .. does it not work with 2.0 at all?

edit number 2... :D ''For all those who need this mod for 2.0" link:

http://mods.invision...ndex.php/f/4947

Thanx for the help once again ;)

Edited by RockBridge10, 14 July 2005 - 09:18 PM.

#4 xene

xene

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:04 PM

Hmm does that mod really work for 2.0? I am just wondering...if it does then wow ;)

EDIT: I just tried the mod, and it didnt seem to work. Can anyone help me out?

Edited by xene, 16 July 2005 - 07:05 PM.

#5 Blitz

Blitz

Jedi In Training

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Php, html, css, etc, band, trumpet, anime, my dog, TV, computers, video games, sleeping, marching band, sleeping, jazz, sleeping, metal, sleeping, classic rock, sleeping, music, jazz band, did I mention sleeping?, kicking the hell out of kids that won't take the time to spell or use proper grammar, my website, etc.

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:50 PM

http://forums.invisi...showtopic=77906

Doesn't take that much effort to look at the page, find the support topic, and go there. You might want to ask there since Invisionize is a mod community and we aren't.

#6 RockBridge10

RockBridge10

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:20 PM

I did look there and it did not work for anyone else.. it's not a working mod. I also checked out like 3 others and they did not work either. One worked, AdBot.. but the ads did not display, just a post being blank.

Reason I was asking here is because here it actually works and it is the only site I have seen it work on. So I was thinking maybe you guys got it from somewhere else than everyone else.. or were willing to share the secret.

#7 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

I did look there and it did not work for anyone else.. it's not a working mod. I also checked out like 3 others and they did not work either. One worked, AdBot.. but the ads did not display, just a post being blank.

Reason I was asking here is because here it actually works and it is the only site I have seen it work on. So I was thinking maybe you guys got it from somewhere else than everyone else.. or were willing to share the secret.

We got ours from Invisionize, however our board is a heavily modified version, so I'm not sure, sorry ;)

#8 RockBridge10

RockBridge10

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

I think that you guys used ad bot and changed it around... Fair enough, I read somewhere that it may not work on 2.0.0 trial.. only 2.0.1+ . So I will try again with ad bot once I register the forums.

#9 thelankylizard

thelankylizard

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 03:47 AM

i have invisionfree which runs on IPB 1.3, would that work on it?

#10 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 04:38 AM

i have invisionfree which runs on IPB 1.3, would that work on it?

You would need to go to Invisionize and ask but honestly I don't think it will as all invisiofree forums already have invisionfree ad accounts so you would also have to check or read there terms of use.

Closing this topic as question has already been answered to the original.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users