Computer problem X(

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _*Andy_*

_*Andy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:25 PM

OKok... i just wtched the cas VS Salford match on TV, i came to my room as usual, turned on my PC..... and.... then, shortly after as i was writing a post (absolutley superb i mustadd) for a topic in this forum, and my computer decides it will..... just retart itself

so, i thinks, this is unusual... so, im on the computer again, about 20 seconds after it restarts and loads back up, it does it again

Now, there are 2 things i noticed, it takes longer than usual to load the whole machine up for windows and before it restarts it gives me a system message telling me what to do if the problem happens again. Now, what i dont understand is why it gives you les than 0.5 seconds (literally) to read it....

Ive managed to run ad-ware, it says it updated. now me bring on 56k connection knows when it has updated, and never, EVER has it taken less than 10 seconds to connect to the server and download the updates, so really..... its just lying.

Cant install the new version of the software because it insists on restarting everytime i want to do something... example.... open a program. (how i got the ad-wre to run the first time beats me)

So... this is why i might not be on the internet for a few days..... now im not on my computer BTW... yall have any ideas whats happening?

Andy

#2 _*FaultySanity_*

_*FaultySanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

Reboot in safe-mofe.

Run a virus-scan.

windows update

http://www.windowsupdate.com

These are the symtoms of the blaster virus (only lets you reboot and restart)

If takes longer to load?

Im totally guess on this...but make sure your RAM didnt come loose in its slot. It could have and now has to rely on your virtual memory and could be the reason why your going so damn slow.

So check that RAM bud.

Incase you dont know where the ram is on the motherboard:

Posted Image

The LOWER RIGHT, there are 3 black slots. Those are the RAM slots.

And here is what should be in it:

Posted Image

#3 Faken

Faken

Pimpmaster G

• Admin
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:43 PM

If you're computer is restarting on it's own, chances are more likely that it's a hardware issue rather than software. Resets are usually due to power supply or your board.

Faken

#4 _*Anarchy_*

_*Anarchy_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:51 PM

that sucks.
hope u fix it soon :)

#5 _*FaultySanity_*

_*FaultySanity_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

If you're computer is restarting on it's own, chances are more likely that it's a hardware issue rather than software. Resets are usually due to power supply or your board.

Faken

Duh! *slap self on head*

Forgot about the PSU!

Check your Motherboard/Videocard/etc etc Reccomend PSU rating. Or - you can just play it safe and buy a 500w (should be more than enough to supply your PC)

http://www.compgeeks...500W-NB&cat=CAS

#6 cenithx

cenithx

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:31 AM

Using XP?

You'll find it might not be a hardware issue.. but most likely XP's "auto reboot on critical error" feature.. or whatever it's called.

Remember the good ol' BSOD's? (blue screen of death) .. These days, instead of showing you that screen, XP just reboots itself.

Could still be due to the blaster worm or some other virus/worm/whatever.. so still a good idea to run an antivirus, and adaware, spybot, etc.. install windows updates, and if problems persist, call your doctor <3

#7 Andy

Andy

Graphical Idol Judge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 05:08 PM

haha, strange enough... this topic is over a month old... but it did it again yesterday.... i couldnt be arsed fiddling with it so i got my dad to work his magic... its fixed again now though. I dont wanna ask him and start a discussion about it all... it just takes up my valuable time

Thanks though cenithx!

Andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users