• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ronson

ronson

Banned For Being Purple

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Programming, Building Computers, Networking, Web Design and...........BINGE DRINKING!!!!!!.

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:26 AM

COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS, COLLEGE SUCKS,

Enough of that! i hate college last year i loved it this year i hate it! ive got so much homework, 1000 word about the first time i got drunk, 10 minute oral, exam every week then all the other crap the other lessons give me IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Andy

Andy

Graphical Idol Judge

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 11:31 AM

My sister is at college... she too says its just poo.... i think im gonna stop at on the school im at (now im in Y.11)

Andy

#3 JamesPickens

JamesPickens

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:19 PM

lol my sis hates it too. says too many lessons n work.

#4 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:50 PM

It only gets rougher as you go, my friend. I feel for ya...

#5 ronson

ronson

Banned For Being Purple

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Programming, Building Computers, Networking, Web Design and...........BINGE DRINKING!!!!!!.

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

i feel like screaming i honestly do, with me working the weekends aswell i have no time for my self :hi: *Cries*

#6 sEVEn

sEVEn

P2L E-Goddess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:I HAVE SO MANY!!<br><br>anything art :) and anything nice and fluffy and anything to do with the growth of children and their minds :) and anything to do with movies and anything to do with music and anything else creative and anything to do with...

Posted 07 October 2004 - 04:36 PM

school IS for yourself :hi:

the big picture looks nicer than the little one *smiles*

i am in second year also and getting a beating :hi:

"Thank you Sir may I have another?"

#7 ronson

ronson

Banned For Being Purple

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:21 PM

how about "fuck off sir or ill ram it up your arse sir?" that goes better! i jsut hate it i need to be made staff to give me summat to look forward to *hint hint* (Jay ur not allowed to post anything about that only faken =P)

#8 JamesPickens

JamesPickens

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 05:25 PM

lol odd ronson.

#9 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:15 AM

i need to be made staff to give me summat to look forward to

shut up about the staff position dude :hi:

and btw, college is a good place to be in, the more work you put in the better career thats open to you once your out

i promise you if you aim for the top grade rather than a simple pass, then it will deffinatly enhanced your career options

#10 ronson

ronson

Banned For Being Purple

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

yeh i know but its just hard with all the work its taking all the energy out of me! and i said you couldnt answer about the staff position!!

#11 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:01 PM

I have to disagree with Jay...So far in any interview I've had or job I've been offered grades have never been brought up at any time. Where you graduate from gets a lot of emphasis instead of what grades you got. Pretty much get the diploma from a respectable school for your field and you're good to go. Remember, C's for degrees! :)

#12 Jamie Huskisson

Jamie Huskisson

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:46 AM

don't know what country your in but its not like that in england

and it deffinatly counts when being a programmer or graphic designer, most need the experience in proper places too, no co-op places :)

#13 ronson

ronson

Banned For Being Purple

• Twodded Staff
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:16 AM

every job u have to take ur NRA folder n take all ur results from exams u haven taken their it suxxxx

#14 theguid

theguid

chewy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:39 AM

Im in the US, graduated and working out of one of the Largest cities in the southeast - Atlanta, GA. I have a degree in computer science (mostly programming with graphics heavy classload) and minor in software engineering. I have put my major courses GPA on my resume because it was good, but it's never something I find on a resume. So far the only jobs I've had out of college are either in software/hardware or graphics, so take it as you will...

One thing you need to do as you get later into your college years is to keep all your big works you do for classes. My first big job offer came my way before I even finished my last semester and got my diploma. I had sent in my resume and portfolio and they saw a program I did in vc++ that was more or less an AI airtraffic controller. It was impressive enough to them that they offered me a job over an entire department and the job was using a programming language I had never used before (vb.net)! If you demonstrate your knowledge in something people can see and test it shows so much more than grades on a piece of paper(and it also helps close the gap cause by a lack of experience coming out of college). My first employer told me that many kids get great grades at some average middle of the road colleges but they simply dont get the skills they need to make it in the workforce. Having something tangible to show your skills definately makes you stick out in a group of applicants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users