10 replies to this topic

#1 hoppo

hoppo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

Just finished my new site would appreciate some honest feeback as i am still not sure about a few things and woould appreciate any constructive ideas, especially to make it a bit more eye catching and interactive.

The site is www.thelearner.co.uk

#2 AK-Productions

AK-Productions

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 04:58 PM

Hmm, You may want to change the color of the background that is currently cyan, to something that matches and flows with the rest of the site. For example, make it the same color as the header bg.

Also, you may want to have the 'Welcome to The Learner Website' at the top where a user can see it right on their first view of the site, without having to scroll down to see it.

#3 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:04 PM

it irritates the eye (not metaphorically), the red on blue is harsh, then on hover, the blue on blue is just hard to see.

it'd be best to change the blue to the header image background color like ak said.

#4 Indigo

Indigo

Official Alien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • Interests:Computing in general, especially design and programming of all kinds.

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:29 AM

I find the blue on blue worse than the red on blue.
Personally, Iīd expand the header so itīs width is 100%, and integrate the L-signs in it.
As AK said, I will also advice you to move the "Welcome to The Learner Website" to the top, or remove it.

Else than this, itīs simple, and there is no especial things I really donīt like. I do dislike the banner, Iīd change the colors and maybe some typography, but itīs not that essential.

#5 Dh.

Dh.

CSS Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:04 AM

Don't like the bg colour at all. Change the typography too, not bad though

#6 jamiecarter

jamiecarter

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:46 AM

ye i agree totally, there is something about large areas of light blue on my monitor, it makes my eyes go funny and then water ... lol .. ok it might just be me... try using a darker or pale blue :blush:

#7 Jem

Jem

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Photography, design & developing, walking, cycling, reading.

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:08 AM

The red on blue is incredibly difficult to read, especially as I have a stinking headache. I also noticed that in the introduction you say "The site is operated and run by a fully qualified Driving Instructor so we know what we are talking about." .. 'a' suggests one, 'we' suggests more than one - you might want to work on the wording there.

..and of course I found it funny that your teaching 'crash courses' - surely that's the opposite of what you should be teaching? :blush:

#8 hoppo

hoppo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:28 AM

Thanks guys, i really wasn't sure about the colours myself going to experiment tonight and change them.

Jem i agree re the term "crash course", i hate it but it's the most searched term on my personal driving website.

Anybody any ideas on how i can make it look a bit more jazzy/interactive?

#9 hoppo

hoppo

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:03 AM

I have changed the background colours

#10 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

try to add diferent colors to each cell at the nav table
and try using diferent colors, that lighyellow at background isn't a nice color (don't add much contrast to the red font)

Posted Image

argh, use anti-alisaed on your image
pixelated are so ugly

overall, your site is 7/10
nice organization

#11 coolaid

coolaid

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Interests:i wonder..

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:55 AM

well, i still think a different background color could do, but right now the beige background color is MUUUCHHHH better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users