4 replies to this topic

#1 Chip

Chip

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:05 PM

I am having a hard time learning dreamweaver, i know a decent bit of HTML but still i am feeling overwhelmed and confused by the program. I felt the same way when i first got Photoshop but then after a few random tutorials i felt confortable enought with the program that i was able to learn much more on my own. I would like to take the same approach to dreamweaver, if someone knows of a site or tutorials that walk you through basic tasks in dreamweaver it would be greatly appreciated. Like perhaps some type of tutorial that simply walks you through creating a simple site, start to finish. Thanks.

#2 Jaymz

Jaymz

Retired P2L Staff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 03:10 PM

http://www.pixel2lif...aver.php?tut=18

Check the Dreamweaver section B)

#3 brad

brad

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Senior IT student at South Alabama. Spent 8 yrs in varied roles in the army. Looking to get fluent with photoshop.

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:25 PM

While using dreamweaver for the first while, i found it useful to stay in the split screen mode as well, so icould see what i was doing.

in addition, when you get moving along, do the old view-->page source on a few sample webpages if you're getting stuck to see any little tricks here and there.

I'd stay away from external css until you get a grasp.

I liked to print some resources as well to look at while i was working like how to embed audio, video, etc...

And if you have a problem with images showing up and whatnot, make sure the folder specified in the code is the same folder the item is actually in, ie .../images != public_html B)

#4 Chip

Chip

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 11:16 PM

alright thanks a lot guys, I read one of Faken's tutorials on tables, and that really cleared up a lot of confusion for me. I learned more in dreamweaver today then well, ever before, i will still undoubtedly have questions, some rather stupid, but i really appreciate all the help.

#5 vexatomic

vexatomic

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 08:54 AM

There is nothing better than experimenting when it comes to Dreamweaver.

A few little hints.
Ctrl+J gets you into properties menu. Here you can change all the themes, styles and fonts for your site.
Use the properties menu down the bottom of your screen. This lets you change the individual properties of the current object (be it text or a table or a picture) that you have selected.
Use the split screen mode so that you can see what effects your WYSIWYG editor is having on the code.

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users