5 replies to this topic

#1 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:08 PM

First of all my apologies for the delay in announcing the participants for this competition. As Donna already mentioned, we faced some huge DNS issues on 13dots and the site wasnt accessible for a few days. Now everything is sorted and up & running again, so here are the participants for our competition!

The competition in a few sentences, to refresh your minds:

This competition is set up for talented graphic designers that lack experience in the webdesign field. You'll be guided in designing the perfect layout for a real-life, non-profit client! Prizes include a job offer by 3 participating companies, a flash template and the slicing of your layouts.

The full description can be found here

Alltogether only 18 people applied for this competition. No clue why this number is so low, maybe some people dont feel like entering, are too nervous to showcase their current work or simply dont see the potential of the prizes and experience!

Out of the 18 applications we filtered 7 names, these will go to 'Round2' and start working on the new layout for FortunaHome.

These names, in random order, are:

Rudy Card
Manuel Merz
InFeri
Kamil Grajda
Ludwig Wendzich
Gabe
Jarid Margolin

I will contact you via email and inform you on the next steps. I will make a short briefing including some information, we will then start planning and set some dates.

A big thanks to all that applied, and good luck to the 7 contestants!! :blush:

This topic can be used to congratulate the 7 contestants, wish them luck, and follow their progress! We will post snippets along the way, and reveal the final layout when ready!

Regards,

RedDragon
Spiritz

#2 Donna

Donna

Retired P2L Queen!

• P2L Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 12,330 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:11 PM

Congrats to you all

Rick you are aware Ludwig Wendzich is unable to access 13dots or pixel2life? his isp has issues and he cannot get to either domain.

#3 RedDragon

RedDragon

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

Poor kiwi!

I'm seidnign all 7 an email now, so I'll make sure to get in contact with everyone. Thanks for the pointer! :blush:

#4 Al3x

Al3x

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:05 AM

I thought it said 10 people would get chosen?

#5 Matheus

Matheus

P2L Jedi Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:56 AM

awww :)
I was not chosen, well... maybe next time
good luck to all

#6 Al3x

Al3x

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:20 PM

Pity I was not chosen too, maybe I should've added more recent stuff to Photobucket. I thought 10 people were being chosen aswell? Congrats to everyone who got through by the way, good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users