11 replies to this topic

#1 istudio

istudio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:07 AM

Hi. Im 14 and am trying to create a photoshop related website using dreamweaver and photoshop. But the problem is I'm stuck on the banner. I just dont know where to start. I have lots of ideas but i just can't put them into practice. I'm going to go with a kind of orange and grey colour scheme and i want it to be nice and sleek. I like the idea of liquid waves like the ones used on PhazonGraphics banner if you visit one of their tuts. I tried some tuts on grunge and abstract sigs but i can't seem to get them to work and it's not really what I'm looking for. Any ideas on what to do and how to do it? :D

Any help will greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 Trix06

Trix06

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Web Design & Development, Graphic Design, Programming, Networking, Girls, The Beach, Amatuer Radio Communications and more.

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:11 AM

Best place to start would be to have a look for effects, and other tutorials in our Photoshop section. I'm sure you will pull something out of there you would like to base it on. Just look around and try and mix and match different ideas or concepts, I'm sure you young mind will be able to make something fresh. :D Good luck!

#3 Kai Fluegel

Kai Fluegel

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 05:52 AM

Well I really suck at headers, what I tend to do now is just find a nice stock image, enhance it and then use that as my header and then just add some text over it.

If thats not your thing then maybe if you show us what you've done so far then I might be able to help somemore.

#4 Dance

Dance

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:13 AM

Depends on the content of your page and the impression you want the banner to have on the viewers. If your síte contains research papers ypu probobly wouldent want to go with a big flashy all over the place banner. On the other hand if you are making a personal portfolio or a grafix oriented website the banner is the first impression people will get of your skills. And even there sometimes a clean banner will fit better then, lets say a brushed 3d render.

#5 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Interests:Creativity, Adrenaline, Etc

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:50 AM

Depends on the content of your page and the impression you want the banner to have on the viewers. If your síte contains research papers ypu probobly wouldent want to go with a big flashy all over the place banner. On the other hand if you are making a personal portfolio or a grafix oriented website the banner is the first impression people will get of your skills. And even there sometimes a clean banner will fit better then, lets say a brushed 3d render.

spot in with the last sentence, for a graphics site, ur best bet is always going to be simplicity imo.

if the main colour of the site is greay, try making the header g grey, maybe a slightly lighter shade then orange and white for text would work well. ie:

Attached File  example.gif   8.89KB   179 downloads

#6 istudio

istudio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:35 AM

Hi guys. Thanks a lot everyone , you've been a great help. And Davey your example was a great help, did you just do that from scratch? I think i might just go for something simple but effective. Just out of interest though ( and through lack of understanding this may not make sense) how do you make/get a 3D render?

Thanks

#7 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:41 AM

Hi guys. Thanks a lot everyone , you've been a great help. And Davey your example was a great help, did you just do that from scratch? I think i might just go for something simple but effective. Just out of interest though ( and through lack of understanding this may not make sense) how do you make/get a 3D render?

Thanks

yea just made it in photoshop - took bout 15 mins - to get a 3d render u can look about on the net for free renders or u can get trials of bd programs like cinema4d or 3ds max - can b a lil difficult to get the hang of sometimes but great if u figure them out. if u look on dA they have a free 3d renders section under resources.

#8 istudio

istudio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

Thanks Davey. And wow that banner would take me ages!

#9 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

it's just simple things tbh :P if ya need any help i dont mind answering any questions

#10 istudio

istudio

Young Padawan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:13 PM

Hi again. What's that font you used for the 'graphicsbite' text and where did you get it from? Thanks

#11 Davey

Davey

P2L Jedi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:43 PM

it's called "Oktober" and i think i got it from dafont

#12 istudio

istudio

Young Padawan